Cycle, crash, cycle, crash, cycle thread

Savage evening for a spin. Even the intermittent tyre and chain problems couldn’t dampen my mood

4 Likes

Good luck to forum hero @Locke who should (better :face_with_raised_eyebrow:) be embarking on his big event early Thursday morning, keep us updated buddy :+1:
Still taking donations as well I assume?

1 Like

Cheers brah! Yeah, all set for Thursday. 190km on day one. But ready. Still taking donations, all welcome

1 Like

What’s the route the first day?

Cork, Midleton, Tallow, Lismore, The Vee (kom) Clogheen, Cahir, Bansha, Limerick Junction, Oola :smiley:, Limerick, Bird Hill (S), Killaloe

2 Likes

Very sad news about Stephen Woolridge yesterday. The 2004 Olympic Gold Medallist in the 4000 metre team pursuit died at 39, apparently having taken his own life.

And landa is off to moviestar.

CC @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy A fixie :eek:

Anyone cycling the Abbey Classic this weekend?

The Sean Kelly is on this weekend

Sanchez busted.

Wenger Out!

Dan Martin to UAE, two year deal

Interesting. Is Aru going there as well?

Doesn’t say. Think it’s a good move. They’re ambitious

Martin had no team support in the Tour. UAE can build some classics capability now.

First rest day on the Vuelta today. Froome is about a minute ahead. A tough race with nine summit finishes, harder than the Tour. Froome is chipping away every day taking 10-20 seconds off the main contenders. There is a 40km TT coming up and it will be red rover after that.

Contador is the only one that looks capable of matching him but he had one very bad day and lost three minutes.

Nico is doing ok, 3rd on GC. Hanging in there. He can just about hang on but at the business end of the climbs the stars just have that extra 1% that makes the difference. I wonder how.

Warren Barguil the new Richard Virenque @Sidney was sent home by his team… He wanted to ride his own race for stage wins but the team wanted him to ride in support of some Dutch guy that isn’t fit to lace his boots. Warren is off to his own team next year anyway.

Some great racing if anyone gets a chance to watch it.

I have it taped but just haven’t had a chance to watch much of it apart from the first few days. The Vuelta is always excellent racing tbf, must get back into it from today onwards.

Good day for Nico. He snuck away at the end of a ridiculous descent and picked up 30 seconds on Froome and Chavez.

2 Likes

Dream over for Nico, he lost four minutes today and drops to eleventh. Froome leads by a minute from Nibali.