Cunts on Bikes

Lights and hi vis were on. Only cunts will come close enough to get bate on.

Have one. Cycling is the only way around Dublin.

Its entirely possible the car wasn’t drifting by accident.

great stuff

I would do it if it prevented me from getting killed.

Sure I’ve no doubt you, like most other cyclists, shoot up the inside in traffic and are fully within that sort of range of cars then. How is it safe then but always unsafe when they come that close?

When they’re stopped or moving in a straight line and you’re moving up a cycle lane inside, of course, obviously. When you’re moving straight and a car outside you starts drifting left on top of you and looks like they’re going to continue then absolutely rap on the side of the car. It might save you getting knocked down or it might teach them to be more aware. When I say regularly I mean this would probably happen every few weeks to a month.

1 Like

Turning right on a road with multiple lanes going in the same direction is a particularly dangerous manoeuvre for a cyclist.

Examples include the Malahide Road turn into Griffith Avenue I already referenced, the Malahide Road junction at Coolock, any right turn on the Quays, particularly the right turn from Bachelor’s Walk onto O’Connell Bridge and the right turn from High Street onto lower Bridge Street. The worst of all is probably the right turn from Con Colbert Road at that big junction at Kilmainham which is one I have always tried to avoid at all costs.

When cycling in Dublin I would have often just pulled in to the left at such junctions and walked the bike across the pedestrian crossing.

2 Likes

In the Bay Cafe here in Dunmore. It’s full of misshapen middle aged people in cycling gear.

There’s a time and a place. And it ain’t the first week of December.

:rollseyes:

That’s mad. I was in the Bay Cafe in Dunmore today. There was loads of cyclists enjoying life and this weird prowler type staring them out of it. The staff seemed to know him but gave him a wide berth anyway.

2 Likes

Was he wearing a hat?

More of a balaclava really.

Was there a smell of piss off of him.

1 Like

That wasn’t me so.

1 Like

I’d like to log a couple of observations.

1 I was driving up Herbert Park yesterday afternoon. A woman was cycling the other way on a packed street with a child on the front of the bike and a child on the rear of the bike. This is fucking lunacy dressed up as ostentatious earth motheriness.
As an aside, how do people live in D4, this was at 3.30, and the traffic was insane, not moving for ages. I presume it was all the private schools decanting their students on to the road network

2 This morning. Amiens Street. As dark, wet and miserable a morning as you’d ever see. 5 lanes of heavy traffic and a lady comes sailing down the street between the buses and the taxis with two bags of shopping on each handlebar. This was lunacy not dressed as anything else.

2 Likes

This morning at harolds cross bridge as I was crossing towards town a car swung suddenly into the cycle lane to the left, apparently to move past a car in front of her waiting to turn right. This caused the cyclist in front of me to break suddenly and although I did too I banged into the back of him.