Cunts on Bikes

Cyclist protest in Ranelagh underway. Outside the Supervalu. Seem to be “protecting” the cycle lane with a mixture of small cones, bicycles and in quite a few cases for people who exercise regularly overweight bodies.

This may get heated.

The cycle lane outside the artisan butchers looks to have been left alone. For now.

I expect a counter protest by pedestrians at the pedestrian lights in the coming days.

I don’t even live in Dublin but I know this has been going on for weeks now. Surprised if not linked in an article on this thread already

http://irishcycle.com/2017/06/27/human-barrier-protects-cycle-lane-in-dublin-before-nightline-truck-driver-parks-up/comment-page-1/

That’s some dose of a spot. The delivery trucks for Supervalu pull in there and cause mayhem. Arch into the carpark is too low for them to go into the carpark. Said carpark, by the way, is now always full with wankers who park there to go to Flyfit and Supervalu are doing fuck all about it. Well they are losing customers including one Mr H. Box Esq*.

*I actually just parked there to go to Lidl down the road, very occasionally giving Supervalu my business.

2 Likes

It’s the worst car park in the country by a mile. I often parked down the very bottom of it and you could have little Mary Yogapants trying to reverse out her mini Cooper and nana noeyes stalled in her 87 micra and a queue of 30 cars behind them in a stalemate with nowhere to go. All the while the traffic is backed up as far as the esso at Sandford Rd one way and the canal on the other with clowns still trying to get in there.

Regularly saw people abandoning their cars and asking others to reverse out for them :hushed::nauseated_face:

2 Likes

There’s a prime candidate for COTY in the comments section of that.
Could someone make contact with Cian Ginty and ask him if he’d like to become part of the TFK community.

It’s so poorly planned. To reverse out of the spaces on the right side, most of the time you have to reverse out facing away from the exit so that you have to go down a do a u-turn at the bottom, further adding to the stalemate down there. I’ve actually stopped going there. Got caught in there one evening a few weeks ago for about 15 minutes and said never again. I head up to Rathmines now where you can park in the cycle lane in the evenings.

4 Likes

What kind of car do you drive Horsey mate?

A fast one.

1 Like

:joy::joy:

You should ask the driving instructor the next lesson you are at to show you how to reverse into a parking spot. It’s a gamechanger pal

Too fast for me to do a cycle by and key it while it’s parked?

There’s a car park right in the centre of limerick, it’s just an open area, not a multi-storey. There is always queues of cars trying to get in there, the vast majority women trying to avoid having to use a multistorey. It causes bedlam at that junction.

1 Like

Is that the one on Ellen street?

It is

I drew that conclusion as well, always thought it was mad, I never pay for parking in town, there’s always spots up the side of Debenhams, I’ve never once gotten a ticket, done it hundreds of times

Does it still have a fella sitting in a hut collecting the money as opposed to an automated ticket service?

The owner must have some money made from it. Amazing he never sold up in the good times

@Horsebox cleaning house here

Ah here now I almost always reverse into spaces and my superb parking ability is well documented on here. There is almost always some cunt right up behind you going in and a queue of cars trying to get out. Rarely an opportunity to reverse park in there apart from at the very bottom.

There’s one in cork, down by the river from McCurtin St where the lads park in the cars five deep bumper to bumper. Super efficiency. Fact.