Daily Debate - Joe Canning v Seamus Callanan

Seamie took a long time to establish himself. He was a bit part player in 2010, got a few minutes off the bench at the end of that final when it was already wellwon. Bit of an asterisk after that All Ireland medal as they don’t carry the same weight when they’re not on the field of play. Subbed off scoreless at half time in 2011final as well after a first half no show for Pa Bourke or maybe it was Benny Dunne.

Joe even though he’s the younger man was carrying Galway on his own at that stage. 2-12 as a teenager off Diarmuid O’sullivan in his championship debut season of 2008.

Move on lads, the people have spoken and common sense prevails. There is no show like a Joe show.

5 Likes

Its amazing that Seamie’s scoring rate from play is better than Joe Canning’s bearing this in mind. Shows just how good he is

You’ll have to try and park your North Tipperary bitterness, accept the result and move on. All that bile and negative vibes can’t be good.

I’m not from North Tipp. The Joe hype machine has spoken I accept

Sounds like player of the decade stuff alright. So he gets his scores in the no contact munster championship, but gets subbed or pretends he’s concussed in croker. What is it with that yellow streak?

That wasn’t the case. There was only a couple of points in it and Tipp were wavering having seen an point 8 advantage being whittled down to three points when he came on. His cameo helped seal it with 2 points, Lars goal in injury time made the score line look more comfortable than it was.

1 Like

I think we can all accept that JJ Delaney is the best defender of all time and his answer having marked both was that Joe Canning should watch and learn for Seamus Callanan

You’re in bits over this. In your second last post you’d said that you’d accepted the vote that Joe was the better hurler. Very next post, you’re back arguing a toss that’s already been settled.You really need to move on. This is shaping up to be as damaging to your psyche as Ozzie Gleeson getting hurler of the year over Seamie in 2016.

Seamie has more strings to his bow, joe has a more powerful bow.

Huh? When was this?

This is a strange one. I was actually very complimentary of Aussie at the time as I recall. You only joined here a few months ago, no?

:rofl::rofl:

Oh fuck off mate.
Callanan is as tough as a boot. Not being a thug is actually a prerequisite of a genuine hard man. Not something that laois seem to understand. It doesn’t take a hard man to pull on a lad with a hurl. It takes a hard man to take a nasty cowardly intentional helmet to the face, spit out a mouthful of teeth, and come back better than ever.

You’re unknowingly having a go at hanbury there mate

Joe is the better hurler. Callanan is the best full forward.

In fairness they weren’t real teeth, and Hanbury could have broken his neck.

If joe was left at full forward and had the help Callanan did, he’d be better. Callanan wpuod be lost out the field.

Callanan was out the field for a lot of last year where he won hurler of the year I seem to remember

Wasn’t JH, was some nasty cowardly cunt of a Limerick goalkeeper iirc

When he ‘nearly died’? it was hanbury alright