Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

:joy: Box office

Davy is the kind of lad who would end up throwing punches at an u10 game

2 Likes

Who will end upā€¦

Pick on someone your own size Davy, oh wait nevermindā€¦

Davy will do for camogie what Hurricane Higgins did for snooker . He will bring it to the masses

Davys team win, the end justified the means

2 Likes

Davy clearly did it on purpose to get a reaction from his players. Just like he told us after taking that stroll onto Nowlan Park to jostle with Tipp players in his first season with Wexford.

3 Likes

Jason Forde shouldā€™ve brained the little wart with a slap of a hurley that time.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure Jason would probably admit the interaction was subsequently a positive factor on his career.
When he saw the passion of Davy he saw what real intensity was, and use it as motivation

Great Sporting Pictures Thread might also have worked for this.

:joy:

Is yer man with the quiff still managing the Cork camogie team?

No. Heā€™s gone in with the Cork minors.

1 Like

The son in the Clare backroom team :joy:

Was Romer on the bank?

If you were a Cork player, youā€™d go through a brick wall for that man.

Whoever placed the boom mic next to Romer in the Wexford v Clare qualifier knew what he was at.

The Clare wan, no. 19 is a foot taller than the fucking pipsqueak. :rofl:

3 Likes

Fitzgeraldā€™s detractors will suggest there has been no change in his approach on the line, sent off in the first competitive game, along with Clare co-manager Conor Dolan.

ā€œIā€™m glad you brought it up,ā€ he says, ā€just to clear that up. Myself and Conor Dolan were sitting down the following day and having tea and a bit to eat and a laugh about it. If it was that bad, would we be doing that?

ā€œIf Iā€™m involved and someone says something to me and I react and say somethingā€¦ In the last few years, nine times out of 10 I havenā€™t reacted and Iā€™ve had a lot of things where I could have reacted.

ā€œBut it was a misunderstanding, something I thought was said, that was personal. But Iā€™ve been assured it wasnā€™t and it was over and done with and there was nobody killed or no one hit.

Gas how he inflamed the situation due to his misunderstanding but paints it as though he wasnā€™t in the wrong at all

1 Like

Also amusing how he admits how easy it is to rise him. In all his years going around, he still canā€™t help but take the bait. A grown man. Itā€™s awful to see in a chap, but itā€™s utterly embarrassing to observe in a grown up.

1 Like

Itā€™s not a caption competition until you say soā€¦

Henry needs to give Davy a call and bring him on board