Denmark v The Republic of Ireland

Tony licking the hole off Mick

1 Like

Denmark had a lot of half chances

But I think the one where Poulsen got through was the only real genuinely clear cut chance they missed

We did get a bit lucky with their lack of finishing but that was always going to be the case were we to get a result

However at the other end we had some good chances - particularly the two for McClean which he should have done better with

Pity for him but it shouldnā€™t be too serious, particularly at the end of the season

He has brittle bones

Quite a contrast with the negativity from the panel. Richie making no sense at all. Seemed to switch between criticising the performance to pointing out our strikers have never scored and we need to be happy with our point to being critical again.

I donā€™t think that was a brilliant performance. Not do I think our away 0-0 in the World Cup playoffs was as bad as is being made out. But it was positive tonight and while theyā€™re an arrogant bunch, they have good players and we had to play well to get a draw

5 Likes

Fully agree, donā€™t understand the negativity of the panel. We were pushi g to score in the last minutes. Normally we are back on our own box defending desperately

2 Likes

Mick isnā€™t as open about thinking heā€™s a complete cunt

It was a solid performance, Ireland created a few chances. McGoldrick was very good at taking the ball in and linking up the play and Ireland were generally well organised.

2 Likes

A great result and we looked like we might score at least.
But completing 160 passes in 90 minutes is horrendous stuff. I know weā€™ve a limited side but most of these lads are premier league or top half of the championship. Giving away the ball like that wouldnā€™t be acceptable in the conference. But look, lads are only starting to get games together. McCarthy only starting to implement his system etc. A lot done more to do. Danes are a decent side to be fair, they are in their fuck the tenth best side in the World but they have some nice players. Weā€™ve given ourselves a great chance to qualify now.
Beat Gibraltar by 3 or 4 now and weā€™ve had as good a start as you could hope for.
Georgia might do us a favour somewhere along the way

Not really a glowing endorsement.

2 Likes

Darragh Maloney pronouncing Gibraltar as Gibrawlta again

The Irish accent is supposed to be rhotic Darragh

2 Likes

Midfield is where who is in control of the game is decided.

We had Glenn Whelan, who was just released by Villa, Hourihane who probably wonā€™t get a game for Villa next year and Hendrick who plays under Sean Dyche at the worst footballing team in the Premier League, Burnley.

They had Lasse Schone, starter for Ajax who got to the CL semi final, Thomas Delaney, starter for 2nd in the Bundesliga Dortmund and Christian Eriksen of CL Finalists Tottenham Hotspur

2 Likes

Shane Duffy went to Copenhagen and walked all over the cunts

1 Like

Verbose, nah definitely not verbose but if there is something that youā€™de like to talk about Iā€™m ready willing to engage with you.

Ah lovely

7 Likes

Gibraltar seem to have been forgotten about.

Thank you Dela.

The Dubs are almost English anyway

1 Like

Do the points v the bottom placed side count in the new format?

Thereā€™s no play-off anyway. Top 2 qualify, then itā€™s down to Nations League

1 Like

I thought we were alright tonight tbh. We started fairly well; Denmark did come into things and to be fair, they had a period in the second half where they probably should have scored earlier than they did. But once they did score, we found a bit of urgency again and I thought we did well. In international football, set-pieces are always going to be a big facet and thereā€™s no point pretending we have footballers as technically good as Eriksen/Delaney/Schone in midfield and we donā€™t have any real lightning pace in attack either. But Hourihane, Brady & Judge can whip a ball and we have fellas who are decent in the air.

I thought Hendrick was good tonight, he looked for the ball and his touch was better than some others. Hourihane has a great left foot but picked up a stupid yellow card, and was diving in unnecessarily.

Overall though, a good result for sure and I wouldnā€™t fear Denmark in Dublin.

1 Like