Dine in Dublin

http://www.dineindublin.ie/

MacParty and his posh bird will probably be up for this if they can stoop to such a low price - I suppose such people inevitably get paranoid at such low prices. :wink:

Think I will urgently have to get myself a bird if I am to avoid engaging in such homo persuits as going for meals in exclusively male company :rolleyes:

What a fantastic idea, 12 days to get a bird is a tall order though!

I reckon I am up to the task :rolleyes:

I see Saba behind Stephen’s Green is on it, this place is supposed to do smashing food.

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]http://www.dineindublin.ie/

MacParty and his posh bird will probably be up for this if they can stoop to such a low price - I suppose such people inevitably get paranoid at such low prices. :wink:

Think I will urgently have to get myself a bird if I am to avoid engaging in such homo persuits as going for meals in exclusively male company :rolleyes:[/quote]

Am surprised you haven’t put a plea out yet Sledge asking for someone to pay for you, you tight cunt :stuck_out_tongue:

Some daycent value to be had with some of those restaurants. Surprised that Shanahans isn’t on it :smiley:

I’d enjoy that if I was still in Dublin. Seems like a great offer.

If it were it would only be the downstairs :rolleyes:

A lot of Dublin restaurants are on their knees and there is good value out there of late if you look around.
Chalk boards out on the footpaths begging you to come in and grub up at cut down rates.
Some waiting staff have even figured out about manners.
Its great altogether.

[quote=“HBV*”]
Some waiting staff have even figured out about manners.
Its great altogether.[/quote]

Same on the retail side of things HBV, well during the week anyway. A lot of establishments are still full of long haired hungover staff at the weekends who just don’t want to be there.

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]I reckon I am up to the task :rolleyes:

I see Saba behind Stephen’s Green is on it, this place is supposed to do smashing food.[/quote]

Saba is a very nice spot.

I can’t see the list though. Where is it?

Edit: I see it now

[quote=“Fran”]Saba is a very nice spot.

I can’t see the list though. Where is it?[/quote]

It’s not very clear Fran, go into the BOOK section on the main menu.

Thanks Ben.

I’ve heard good things about Fitzer’s (Marco Pierre White Steakhouse) so that might be an option. There’s not an awful lot else there that stands out really. Fallon & Byrne maybe or Balzac

I hear Fallon & Byrne is a decent spot, and reasonable, SoulDressing swears by it but he’s a pretentious coont. Hardly worth picking somewhere that’s reasonable in the first place though, kind of defeats the purpose. We should use this thread for reviews of the places on the list. If any of us can even afford it that is, what with the recession and all that.

Big fan of the foodcourt there. However the clerks do look at me weird when I pay with cash there and say hello to them, one of them said to me he never heard of the concept of cash or friendly banter with a customer. Apparently people in there pay with a thing called credit and they also bring stepladders to look down at the shop clerks. I’m sure Souldressing isn’t that bad;)!

Very good idea in fairness. You could have the menu and a bottle of wine a piece for 40 quid, and leave with your back teeth floating.

Marco Pierre Whites looks interesting.

Jaipur is good, Saba is excellent, nicer than Diep even.

Great value on www.menupages.ie as well, search by resteraunt and then their special offers