Dinner Parties

I’m invited to one of these things tomorrow night. Haven’t been to one for more than 20 years. What’s the deal? Do I bring my own drink? Does one bring a gift? If so what kind of gift? How long do these things last?

Two crates of guinness and a bottle of whiskey, dont overstay your welcome.

You bring a bottle of wine. That suffices as the gift. You should be supplied with a beverage . 3 hrs would be a minimum required stay.

Just throw your keys in the bowl and go with the flow.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 636907”]

Just throw your keys in the bowl and go with the flow.
[/quote]Ah for fucks sake I knew some fucking half wit from the country would chime in with this line.

Thanks cm. I can forget about Match of the Day so. [quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 636906”]

You bring a bottle of wine. That suffices as the gift. You should be supplied with a beverage . 3 hrs would be a minimum required stay.
[/quote]

a nice bottle of wine is all you need fagan.

What the fuck would you know about dinner parties.

about as much as you know about hurling :slight_smile:

Roaring laughing smiley face

You shouldn’t even be on this forum. You are not a man of your word.

true.

Coming from you I’m not even sure I can believe that.

Best brush up on your opinions on all matters of current affairs. An enjoyable tactic is to affect an assured, affable, agreeable type early on. Let people side with your populist musings. As the night proceeds, unleash an occasional and progressively bigoted/outlandish theory/opinion and watch people either side with you out of habit or nervously distance themselves.

Excellent idea. Start of nice and end up cuntish. I could do that. [quote=“Juhniallio, post: 636917”]
Best brush up on your opinions on all matters of current affairs. An enjoyable tactic is to affect an assured, affable, agreeable type early on. Let people side with your populist musings. As the night proceeds, unleash an occasional and progressively bigoted/outlandish theory/opinion and watch people either side with you out of habit or nervously distance themselves.
[/quote]

Bring a bottle of toilet duck and you won’t have to go to one for another 20 years.

CM how much should I spend on this bottle of wine[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 636906”]

[/quote]

No more than 12.99 …

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 636921”]

No more than 12.99 …
[/quote]Cheers mate. Excellent advice as ever

Could you maybe take mental notes on the merits or demerits of the menu and perhaps relay any funny happenings which take place in the course of the night, Fagan mate?