Faldo's DIY General thread

Is it one with a low current back up pal? If it is. You might need to reset the detector to clear the fault even after changing the battery.

Try dismounting the unit taking out the battery and holding the test button for 20 secs. Put the battery back in and aee how it goes . If you have a low current back up version it will need to be put back in the mounting before it stops.

This is probably the wrong thread but I didn’t want to start a 'calling @Mac @Bandage @KinvarasPassion @Tassotti " thread as I have a rather broad request for help.

Have any on here any experience on installation of AstroTurf pitches.
It came up at a meeting last week about converting the existing ( unused) tennis and basketball courts that the Gaa club control into all weather pitches, they’re fenced in and already have lighting etc so would be ideal if it was just a matter of laying the actual Astro surface.
I’ve carried out an intensive Google search and the results for my specific query were scant.
I remember years ago seeing a massive big roll of AstroTurf that cold be rolled out/ up as needed, but can’t remember which club.
Anyone on here any experience of this type of thing.

bigot

I know that there are some bandits putting them.down in the limerick area. Friend of mine working in LIT told me that the one they did 2 years ago is a disaster. Cunt that won the tender made a bollox of it and the synthetic grass is fucked now. This is the problem with tenders, lowest price is often a bag of shit.

1 Like

Buy the roles and roll it out yerselves. Surely he have a few carpet layers in the club that would help ye out. There’s genuinely fuck all to it.
Just make sure its somewhat level to begin. You might want a load of sand and a few wheelbarrows.
Don’t waste the clubs money giving it to some prick with a shit load of overheads.

Research ‘AstroTurf cancer’ too mate. Certain types of surfaces are being linked to cancer.

1 Like

Do the Tipp lads be ateing the astro turf?

2 Likes

the stuff with the rubber is carcinogenic, I’m fucked, was playing at home for years, rolling around in it 2 or 3 times a week during 5 a side

We’ll be laying it into Tarmac basketball and tennis courts.
I’d have no problem buying it and putting it down permanently but we’re expecting a backlash from the tennis club committee ( defunct ) just is case they decide to revive tennis/ basketball again. Hence the roll up/out option.
Can’t remember for the life of me where I saw it before. It’d remind you of a swimming pool cover. Huge big roll of it on a spool and roll it out to use, wind it back up when it’s not in use.

Cooper Fencing in Rossmore worth a call.

Rosmore Cashel?
I’ll look for them. Are they fast I wonder. Training is at 7:00pm.

Same as that pal. Who knows how long we have left.

There was a dude on the ray D’Arcy show during the week. His son contracted lymphoma and he was talking about the links between the new pitches with the black rubber bits and lymphoma. Apparently there is well documented and researched links between people working in the rubber industry* and lymphoma but these pitches with the reconstituted car tyres have been allowed without any safety spec etc.

live life to the max

You haven’t hands to wipe your nose or arse.

1 Like

Why would you worry about @ChocolateMice 's arse?

Sure you can get cancer from fuckin fresh air these days. Is there anything that hasn’t been linked to cancer yet?

fresh air

2 Likes

Well you’re fucked so macintosh with the volume of air you’d be snorting through that giant sròn of yours.

1 Like

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM…

Headshot