Faldo's DIY General thread

Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced pair of binoculars

:smile::flashlight::eyeglasses:

Clickbait but mildly amusing

Anyone got any experience of getting rid of a recently built swallows nest on outside of house in the pitch of the roof

My plan of flaking it down with a hurley was shot down by my wife on humane grounds. Is this the best approach and just do it while she is out?

Am I likely to draw a plague of a million swallows on myself if I do this?

It’s bad luck to interfere with a swallows nest

5 Likes

I know a lad interfered with a swallows nest and his wife was killed in a car crash the next day

2 Likes

He said bad luck.

4 Likes

One swallow doesn’t make a summer.

They’re dirty bastards…they shit everywhere go with your gut instinct and timber the cunts.

The theme of interference runs through your life like a sewer.

4 Likes

Leave it alone, swallows are cool.

1 Like

What’s the problem @gilgamboa, are they a serious nuisance, you strike me as a very reasonable bloke and interfering with a swallows nest would be an absolute last resort I’d say

1 Like

You mean: [quote=“Tassotti, post:247, topic:14720, full:true”]
I know a lad interfered with a swallows nest and his arse was filled on a park bench the next day
[/quote]

1 Like

They shit everywhere. Bird shit destroys paintwork on your car. And they are carriers of whole heap of diseases.

OK, good reasons all, I’d still leave the bastards there though, piseog or not, how long do the swallows hang about for, would they be moving on in September? They’re amazing to observe.

Like some other gangs of both humans and animals though. Id be afraid to be seen as a soft touch there could be hundreds the cunts there soon.

They are right outside my daughters window as well. She is delighted to b observing them. At first light. Every morning.

2 Likes

You won’t have 100’s of them. I get a pair in the shed most years. Great to watch them and your kids will love it when they start bringing the little chicks out and teaching them to fly.

2 Likes

That will be a swift, not a swallow.

They are endangered.

Leave it alone.

2 Likes

You have a fairly elastic relationship with homophobia.

Nothing homophobic about it

How often should a mattress be changed lads?