Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

A lovely looking drop. Check in tomorrow though jic.

Lads wasting their time here, look its pretty fucking simple here. You drink black barrell or you fuck off. Iv tried them all, simple as. iv tasted the top to the bottom and the result still the same. Invest in jameson bb. Pissing around with other shite is laughable.

It’s average enough. I can get green spot here for 46 and black barrel is 40. You’d want your head examined to choose the Jameson.

3 Likes

Got a bottle of Black Barrell a while back. Didn’t think much of it. I’d prefer the regular Jameson. Had crested for the first time last weekend and I thought it was superb.

I was thinking of getting on board this whiskey bandwagon. Should I start with regular Jameson, crested or black barrel. All views welcome.

1 Like

Once it has Jameson on the label you can’t go wrong.
Jameson is superb. The caskmates stout is delicious. Id a hape of it last night along with a good dose of crested as well. Passed out on the sofa and woke at 4.
Both these are a 10er chaper then bb. Bb is also superb in fairness

2 Likes

Bought a caskmates in the local shop earlier on. About 20 euro for a 700ml bottle. How much is it at home? They had the Oirishman as well.

Grand diversion for halftime

4 Likes

Does it even count as a bandwagon unless you’ve jumped on it ?

I’d start with the regular Jameson and then step up

1 Like

Its about 35e here.
The standard Oirishman founders reserve is hard going when you’re used to nice whiskey. I v a few drops left that Iv pencilled in tonight to finish off out of the way once and for all.

Stay away from this one lads, its a real joyless bastard.

1 Like

It seems to have that effect right enough

1 Like

Ah lads! I hope I can limit myself.

4 Likes

@Malarkey , I got a present of a bottle of Auchentoshan from a real Scotsman yesterday. A 12 year old triple distilled. Should I keep it for Christmas or open it tonight with the father in law?

I think my Christmas glance was a bit clumsy… As was pointed out by FO’D…

Auchentoshan is a nice light-ish Lowland malt. Good but not too demanding flavour wise. Would be quite similar in ways to Glenmorangie. Actually, I 'd say it’s perfect for the occasion you mention.

Enjoy…

1 Like

Would that be Christmas or father in law?

1 Like

My powers of syntax are going… And I haven’t even been drinking…

Father in law.

4 Likes

The pavements must be cold this time of year

Have burnt a big hole in the Caskmates.

2 Likes