Dolores O'Riordan, Nembo getting increasingly demented, fascinating to watch

Canon Liam McNamara says it’s a ‘difficult day’ for the world.

well done 95fm

Sorry mate. My bad.

I never had my father down for a grief junkie but this has hit him savage hard. My mother informs me he’s sat in the kitchen the last two hours drinking cups of coffee, smoking fags and listening to the funeral on the wireless. He’s loudly shushing my mother, with one hand in the air, if she opens her mouth. He’s going on about “She was loved all over the world. They’re getting texts in from people in Argentina.” It’s his Princess Diana moment.

11 Likes

Thank God for Bressie

Tbf he knew her. I expected a quote from him in that the way you mentioned him.

Hi guys, this seems to have escalated a smidgeon. Can someone fill me in?
3 bulletpoints is all I have time for.

kthxbye

The Cranberries are the second biggest band we produced after U2
The usual spammers disagreed.
Dolores is adored.

1 Like

Chocolate Pussy wears eyeliner and dresses in black bin bags.

And Italy loved Dolores

2 Likes

The world, including Italy, loved her.

I must say pal that any mention you make of your father here makes him seem like a toroughly alright sort :+1:

The limerick TFKers pole vaulted right to the top of the grief bandwagon. The mature lads called them out on it. Both sides dug their heels in.
The grief junkies caught up in a battle they cannot win.
ie. Who’s the most upset.

1 Like

I think that would be @smark’s auld fella

Mature lads :rofl: … on TFK :rofl:

No mention of O’Riordan’s funeral there on the BBC news, I doubt they even know who she is on the mainland. Compare and contrast that to the death of a true Irish musical heavyweight.

When Val Doonican died it was one of the lead items on the news and the BBC even dispatched a reporter to Buckinghamshire to report from his funeral and burial.

sure val doonican was 50 years on the mainland, he was a bona fide british institution

1 Like

The British news and the Italian news have all covered it.

You’re really taking this very, very badly. You must have so very little going on in your life that you’re taking a sadistic satisfaction from Dolores’ death. You seriously need help, mate.

4 Likes

Offt -

Headshot.

3 Likes

The Italians seem obsessed with it. I suppose she was a true global icon.

2 Likes