Dolores O'Riordan, Nembo getting increasingly demented, fascinating to watch

There was a riot?

Disappointing that Limerick people couldn’t control themselves on this of all days.

The road to Galway

Documentary on her airing tonight on RTE at 10.35

1 Like

There was an enable ireland event for kids in Douglas the other day … some young girl, about 11/12, got up with her guitar and rocked out Linger on her own. Very moving … it brought Dolores’ passing crashing back again … There’s some new 90s themed American comedy out on Netflix that I watched the ad for to see if it was any good - the song used for the ad was Linger - Very emotional stuff but shows truly how big the band were when their song is used as an anthem of the 90s… Zombie was on 2fm earlier and now this news…

Fair dinkum mate

Unreal. The voice of a generation.

2 Likes

Limerick are going to do it for Dolores.

1 Like

Dreams can come through…

That was Gabriel I think.

2 Likes

Limerick always seem to do well when one of their celebrities die. To continue this trend I suggest they make a human sacrifice of Michael Noonan next year.

1 Like

Byrne?

Of late late soon to be late fame?

What was the story with the remaining members of the band not taking part in the tribute night in Dolans? (distancing themselves from it, from what I heard)

True.

When Richard Harris died in October 2002, Limerick went on to have a stellar year in 2003 culminating in a heroic defeat to the mighty Offaly on a Thursday night.

When Frank McCourt died in late July 2009, they were very unluckily beaten by 37 points by Tipperary in their next match, and then 2010 would be a huge year for Limerick hurling - with many new players making a breakthrough under excellent management.

When Sir Terry Wogan died in January 2016, it inspired Limerick to a massive championship campaign - they were very unlucky to go out to Clare in one of the classic games of our time at a jam packed Thurles.

1 Like

Hang your head in shame.

Omitting the death of Jim Kemmy in 1997 just a couple of weeks prior to the historic National Hurling League victory.

I’m embarrassed for you now.

4 Likes

The historic National Hurling League victory that they sacked their manager after?

They’ve every right to distance themselves from it. Why should they take part in something that wasn’t organised by the band, it’s management or her family?

Yeah that’s the one.

1997 was a great year for hounding out GAA managers.

Oh I agree with you on this. It just looked like a self publicity stunt. Funnily enough some of the contributors overlapped with the “rock against pollution” last week. Shades of “rap against rape”…