Drugs In Rugby

I know for a fact that 2 past players were at it.

Ben Johnson
Sheshell Myth
Lance Armstrong
Kieran Fallon
Rio Ferdinand
Waterford Crystal
Frankie Dettori

Hmmmm

Correct-I think it is glaringly obvious when you watch Ireland that they don’t use drugs. We should send some of our doctors over to Milan or Juventus and learn more about their doping programmes.

Problem as I see it begins as schoolboy level. Schools with vending machines filled with creatine. Telling kids from an early stage that taking a substance enhances performance. Easy to see how the leap to drugs could be made in years to come

They are all at it, young lads on roids at 18. Disgusting game, disgusting culture.

There is creatine in steak, want to tell lads to stop eating beef because it is performance enhancing?
The problem is the rugby club ‘mentors’ actively turn a blind eye while emphasising the need for size/strength/mass. Most of the rugby playing demographic are middle class and have the means to pay for roids.

Honest article from Quinlan but would raise more questions than answers for me.
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/alan-quinlan-if-there-was-a-systematic-doping-culture-in-rugby-i-d-have-known-about-it-1.2031781?page=1

[QUOTE=“Raymond Crotty, post: 1056183, member: 25”]Honest article from Quinlan but would raise more questions than answers for me.
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/alan-quinlan-if-there-was-a-systematic-doping-culture-in-rugby-i-d-have-known-about-it-1.2031781?page=1[/QUOTE]
Funny by how far he missed the point the French lad had made about cortisone.

Agreed. He also thinks that if it’s not about bulking up then it can’t be doing any harm.

Going by his theory will lads continue to get inexorably bigger as training continues to improve I wonder?

[B]Paul Kimmage[/B] ‏@PaulKimmage [/URL] [URL=‘https://twitter.com/PaulKimmage/status/543034984001732608’]3m3 minutes ago
“The Ireland coach does not believe rugby has a doping problem.” To quote my friend Tony Cascarino: “Are you sure?”

Kimmage needs to start producing some evidence

What did the French chap say about cortisone, pal?

this is getting :popcorn:

There is an all mighty amount of evidence already in the public domain.

"Au moment des prises alimentaires, on nous donnait des produits qui Ă©taient censĂ©s ĂȘtre des fortifiants et qui me paraissaient moi, Ă  l’époque, naturels. Quand j’ai remis les piĂšces du puzzle ensemble, je me suis retrouvĂ© avec la conviction forte que sur cette pĂ©riode j’avais Ă©tĂ© traitĂ© Ă  la cortisone, sans en avoir Ă©tĂ© informĂ© et sans mon accord. Cette pĂ©riode, c’était la Coupe du monde 95 avec l’équipe de France de rugby [
] Il semblerait, et j’en ai la conviction, qu’on ait eu un accompagnement mĂ©dicalisĂ© de la performance. J’en ai la certitude sur la cortisone."

Sum it up in English, please. And explain how Quinlan missed the point too? I skimmed through his article and he seemed to be saying that ephedrine, cortisone, supplements and other stuff were part of the culture of the hobby.

history of overuse of cortisone in football back in seventies and eighties

linked to degeneration tendons, ligaments, knee problems, hip issues

hip issues
:eek:

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1056314, member: 2272”]history of overuse of cortisone in football back in seventies and eighties

linked to degeneration tendons, ligaments, knee problems, hip issues

hip issues
:eek:[/QUOTE]

:eek:

As one spectator was heard to mutter as he left Wexford Park following an u/12 final in the 90’s - “Not normal, not normal”