Drugs in sport (and non sports)

@myboyblue

1 Like

He is English AFAIK based in France for years. Id say a serious bell end

1 Like

as someone who has bad asthma and has used prednsione i can tell you it is rocket fuel
80mg of that taken orally daily for a week will have you so wound up … ud be in the gyn doing romanian deadlifts and bulgarian overhangs without even doing any glute activation
i only use when im in serious trouble but ud be right in 2 days … if you keep on taking it youd be up all hours wired
ive never taken any anabolic steroid apart from beta ecdysyrone (a plant sterol), they removed it now tho when i was using maximuslae in pre season in 2010 but there is no way prednisone should be tolerated
its not like say ephedriene or whatever the active ingredient in ventolin that horrid cunt frankie sheehan was taking in samoa in 2003 … that stuff will just give u a heart attack ( take 15 puffs of a blue inhaler and see what happens)
if a fella is caught with prednisone in his system w/o a doctors note to back up the illness he should get a ban

1 Like

I did

There is no way, on Gods green earth, that an oul backdated TUE won’t be found in the back of a locker somewhere with Carter’s name on it. Too much cash floating around him.

He’s involved in drugby football so bound to be a bell end in fairness.

1 Like

12 out of 500 Irish rugby players were granted TUE’s last year.
3 out of 2,500 were granted same in GAA.

20 times as many rugby players.

I would say the levels of systematic doping going on in rugby in schools and professional are at epidemic proportions. Parents would want to have their heads examined to leave their kids play rugby.

1 Like

A certain sports “journalist” who used to play rugby getting very defensive about Kimmage and his views on rugby.

No doubt rugby is one of his “big stories” he spoke about recently.

I expect Tyrone is the other.

Murray?

Quinlan

Quinlan I assume he is talking about
He was just banging on about it on NT there

V hard to deal with PK on this topic

If you don’t talk about it your hiding, if you talk about it and don’t say what he thinks the problem is your lying

FWIW, I think there is undoubtedly an issue with drugs in Rugby. I don’t he think it is anything close to the problem in cycling I. E. There is not club driven doping programs. But no doubt individuals are taking chances themselves

Anyone really think this could go on wholesale in Ireland for ten years without details emerging? You couldn’t go for a piss in this country without people knowing

What are you hiding Dan?

Nothing pal…I’ve already said I’d be happy with life bans for those caught doping

But PK had intimate knowledge of the inside of the cycling world and the facts were there for all to see with loads of failed tests going back decades

If he has something now on rugby he should just spit it out, but I don’t think he does . I think he has rumours and a deep seated and justified suspicion of professional sport. This TUE issue in Rugby isn’t what he’s getting at either . He appears positive there is systematic doping going on

I’m a massive fan of PK by the way going back to when rough ride was first published. Had pleasure of meeting him a few times through my brother who is an ex cyclist and even more cynical than he is. He’s a gent, abrasive and angry but one of the good guys

If there is something behind it all I’d be more than happy to see it exposed

1 Like

You don’t think there’s rugby clubs doping? Not even in France?

As in systematic doping paid for by the clubs and managed by a club doctor?

No

Interesting.

Very little doubt that around the time of the transfer to professionalism there was wholesale dodgy things going on.

1 Like

I think there is. Wink wink, nod nod stuff. But people are aware.

Follow the money.

Definitely a culture of it in some clubs more than others, and I’d be surprised if some clubs didn’t push the TUE boundaries more than others. But I don’t think doping regimes exist similar to what we have seen in cycling and athletics where it is pushed and paid for from the top

PK constantly pushes one point about how much bigger the players are now vs the amateur era. Of course they are. They spend all day eating protein and do weight sessions every day of the week. In the amateur era most were sitting at their desks all day having dinner going training and having a few pints after

Do some players take steroids to make even bigger gains, of course they do

Most of the pros are big, but incredibly lean. Very few of them are completely muscle bound. Rarely have I seen one in the flesh and thought he was bigger than I expected, most are far leaner than it appears

That’s 20 years ago though