Dublin Bay South By Election - Anyone but Mannix

Cllr Claire Byrne needs to disavow Claire Byrne journalist to get my vote.

1 Like

She seems to be trying to distance herself from her party actually being in government.

1 Like

Not at all. Her point is that the greens are the only.party that will and do tackle climate change. Nobody else is committed to this and the greens will make unpopular decisions

1 Like
2 Likes

The scorched grass of sandymount :joy: Will the ecosystem survive it.

3 Likes

i think she was talking about the scorched grass in Canada & the Nimbys in Sandymount

Looks like FGs Little James canā€™t be trusted to speak.

You are a simpleton if youā€™re not voting for Claire Byrne. She has a nice fringe.

7 Likes

This lad is enda Kenny without the charisma. :flushed:

Itā€™s such a great constituency guys, isnā€™t it? From the city centre out through Pearse Street, Grand Canal Dock, Ringsend, Irishtown, Sandymount across the dart line onto Blackrock Road but stopping there and coming back along the Merrion Road into Ballsbridge and Baggot Street and then following the canal across to Leeson Street to Ranelagh, Haroldā€™s Cross, Rathmines and Rathgar. Iā€™m missing some spots but itā€™s vast and mixed. Has historically been volatile enough too with some upsets and big names getting unseated.

5 Likes

Harbo would walk it

1 Like

Iā€™d go as far as to say thereā€™s no constituency in the country thatā€™s more vast.

The media push behind Bacik is quite something. Where will her vote base come from? Pretty much every candidate bar the FG candidate is a woman so sheā€™s not going to cash in on that angle.

I still donā€™t see her getting elected and see her maybe 4th if Iā€™m honest but weā€™ll see, the media seems to be really drumming her up at every avenue though. Labour are toxic and sheā€™s the epitome of a self-serving career politician.

Is the Greens candidate not serious value here?

The Irish Times are really pushing for Boylan. Big interview with Mary Lou and a hit piece by Mullally on Geoghegan.

Iā€™d say Mullaly is more pro Bacik then Boylan.

4 Likes

The Times have been the ones pushing Bacik all the way and RTE. She wasnā€™t being really talked about until their recent poll and then there was this over the weekend. Iā€™d be shocked if Bacikā€™s vote holds up as it does in line with the poll but I donā€™t really know the constituency well.

FG have launched a complaint against RTE on their coverage to Bacik.

Another tfk exclusive

1 Like

By being embarrassed to wear a dry robe sheā€™s secured a high preference from me. :grinning:

1 Like

Thereā€™s undeniably a huge media surge toward Bacik.

Most of the Sunday papers yesterday had big splash stories on Bacik that read like endorsements. Itā€™s an intriguing contest. Geoghegan is an absolutely brutal candidate, thereā€™ll be ructions internally if they conspire to lose the seat.

1 Like