Dublin GAA Thread 2011

What a week it’s been for Bono

Fraid not, Faughs are gone aswell!

No, group of four, Lucan beat them as did Cuala. Boden beat Vinnies but finished on two points.

I was at the game supporting my hometown. It was a hard-fought victory for Cuala but they defended like lions in the first half particularly and won all the 50/50s in that half. They led by 5 points twice. Boden came back strong in the 2nd and it looked ominous as they started to get on top and drew level but luckily enough a great ball cross field found Treacy who engineered a goal (not sure who actually stuck it in the net though). Cuala tacked on another point after resisting some serious pressure from Boden and it was a fucking great win for them. Fully deserved. I have the line-ups here if anyone’s interested. Hiney, Lambert, Keaney, Paul Ryan, Travers all played for Boden.

Was Stephen ‘Casanova’ Nolan playing for Boden Thraw?

No, too busy off riding or running a seminar, I suppose.

How did Travers do and where was he playing? I’d expect his man scored a bit off him.

Midfield, did well second half when Boden were really on top for the first 20 minutes or so. First half as I said Cuala were dominant in the middle and half-back line. I can’t tell you much more than that as I was so caught up in willing Cuala on I can’t analyse the performances of the Boden players properly. One of my best mates plays for Cuala. He had Hiney on him, the poor sod.

Ah a great win for Cuala, Thraw, the whole champo is blown wide open now. Ye’ll have to kick on and grab this chance with both hands.

suspended. …yet again…sent off in previous match…touch of the one armed waiter about this guy - he can dish it out , but he can’t take it… :strokechin:
boden have taken their eye off the ball…thought they just had to turn up for group stages…good to see another team win it…really open now…lucan probably favourites …think Crokes will finally deliver on their underage talent…then again if they get O’tooles or the Croabh on an icey October night under lights in parnell, talent won’t be the deciding factor !!.. :guns: :guns:

Some rumours flying around about players being dropped from the Senior Football panel and some players taking a break. So far Cluxton hasn’t committed for next season but I think this might be to do with him getting married, the St Bridgids keeper Supple is being lined up as a replacement despite those robbing cunts in Kildare trying to poach him earlier on this year, Fennell the big lump has been dropped from the panel, Cullen hasn’t committed either -no loss there really, Kilkenny gone to Oz. Times they are a changing.

I reckon Gavin will leave a few of the experienced out of the O’Byrne cup and the league and give a few players around the fringes and under 21’s ago. Hopefully this will put the boot up a few arse’s of the senior players in the squad.

:lol: :lol:

the pats reject is being replaced by a guy that failed a trial Rovers

Wrong thread.

scumpot,

i heard the recent division 1 league hurling final btwen boden and craobh at craobh’s pitch was dirty enough. Boden won narrowly and keaney played very well was what i heard. u get any report?