Dublin GAA Thread

Some price for their fifth final in a row. Mossy loses a free in front of the goal for time-wasting. Correct call.

Furman on now

4 to be added. 1-8 to 0-8

Rock very disappointing

Dreadful from him there

Poor wide from a free from Rock. He’s been anonymous

Sin é. Vincent’s 1-8 to 0-8.

Dr crokes v Vincent’s be a potential cracker.

Look at how fat O’ Farell has got since becoming GAA President. Christ.

@Spidey Who were the linesmen in tonights County Final out of curiousity?

Your fellow county man David Sweeney was one of them. A good hurling and football ref himself. Is currently working as a GPO in naomh mearnog… We try and share the wealth a bit in Dublin. We would be sound like that.

Ballymun shit the pot once again. Considering the talent they have at their disposal a single championship victory is a disgrace.

That Vincent’s team are game as fuck and difficult to break down but are well over the hill. They may win a Leinster but I can’t see them winning another all Ireland.

1 Like

I thought it was him. He wouldn’t have been known for being a hurling man btw.

I heard that but he is an excellent ref. An alright sort too. Has done a lot of coaching in Plunketts since he stopped playing. I think he has kids involved there

The highest profile hurling manager in oireland isn’t a hurling man

Jim Gavin is barely human pal, let alone a man.

2 Likes

The pitch was deceptively wet, it was pretty sodden actually. The chisellers were asked to stay off at half-time as a result.

Ballymun played like a team who were afraid of winning. They never got going at all. McCarthy did little else apart from the shoulder at the start and none of their established county players made an impact.

They left Connolly unmarked for large stages, which was unfathomable, and even when he was marked, there was huge confusion about who should pick him up.

Vincent’s have exceptional football intelligence for a club team.

3 Likes

Dean Rock didn’t look like the second cousin twice removed of an Inter County footballer last night. Philly was more interested in giving out to the linesmen/umpires/anyone, and James looked like he had taken go slow tablets before the match. Ballymun IMO had no ambition to win that - rigid to a system that saw them set up like a rugby team - when they did eventually motor forward, their teammates were behind them instead of injecting any kind of pace. Rock was on Ger Brennan FFS

Connolly was like a conductor and all the Ballymun backs were almost afraid of him. It will be interesting to see how Rathnew handle him after their weekend :crazy_face:

Some of the Player Profile answers in the programme were, eh, bantertastic. Ted Furman’s favourite film anyone?

Finally, it was a shame not to see the kids on the pitch at half time - it really adds to the matches in Parnell for me. Understand it was boggy and everything, but the DCB fining clubs for kids going on is a bit much

1 Like

Go easy on the DCB mate, they need to have it right for the all the Allianz League games in 2018.

1 Like

There was one instance in the first half where Vincent’s were attacking and Ballymun intercepted around 50 metres out from their own goal. Vincent’s had committed a lot of players up the pitch. Instead of making hay on the transition, Ballymun dawdled around and their players made no effort to get up the pitch at all, and within a few seconds Vincent’s had an 8 v 4 advantage as they defended.

It genuinely looked like Ballymun didn’t care for long stretches. Only Jason Whelan made any sort of impact at all for them.

Vincent’s always had an out ball. Ballymun never had.

I didn’t buy a programme. Is it Simon Zebo’s nickname?