DublinBikes

This sounds like they are biting off a lot more than they can chew. Why not Rathmines and somewhere closer to start with?

Will never happen.

It will. It’s just Royal Canal to the IFSC, over the new bridge, up one street and then Grand Canal to Rathmines. You only mess with traffic once.

10 million for that:rolleyes:.

how many billion spent on roads over the years? 10 million is fuck all

I’ve been cycling around the city the last couple of weeks, it’s some buzz once you’ve a decent bike. Heavy traffic is the safest in my opinion as you can pretty much travel at the same speed as any car and being out away from the kerb is an option. I’m already pissed off with the fuckers in their illuminous vests and helmets cycling home from work though. They’re impatient bastards for the most part and I can see how they piss off motorists. If there’s a jam it’s sometimes just better to hang back and relax a moment rather than careering into whatever little space is available en masse and causing a mess.

Dublin’s not a city for an inexperienced bike rider though and I certainly wouldn’t like to see anyone I care about renting one of these hire bikes.

One final point, the condition of the roads is a fucking joke.

Fingal, the hope of the FAI Cup

?

Was wondering where you had got to

What are the cycling locking facilities like in coppers

can you hire them at any time? Could be lethal if people miss the night link and decide to pedal home!

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]Was wondering where you had got to

What are the cycling locking facilities like in coppers[/quote]

I’ve been wandering the streets of Dublin looking for a new home while temporarily laying my head in the depths of Ballybough each night, no internet access there.
Living on Camden Row now so there’ll be no need for bike locking facilities for me at Coppers. :guns: :thumbsup: :clap:

No it’s only until midnight I think. They thought of that it seems.

Could have a great convoy home though at 4am.

I suppose a good few grand will have to go towards getting John O’Donohue a bike, reflective gear, a helmet, cycling shoes etc.

In the City Centre itself I don’t think it’s the motorists who are the safety risk, it’s fecking pedestrians. They’ll stop at a red light for an articulated lorry, but they’ll walk right out in front of a push bike. I saw some stupid bitch today put the front two wheels of her buggy (baby inside) onto the road today while waiting for a green man. The wheels were actually on a cycle lane. Fucking selfish bitch:mad:!

[quote=“BenShermin”]I suppose a good few grand will have to go towards getting John O’Donohue a bike, reflective gear, a helmet, cycling shoes etc.

In the City Centre itself I don’t think it’s the motorists who are the safety risk, it’s fecking pedestrians. They’ll stop at a red light for an articulated lorry, but they’ll walk right out in front of a push bike. I saw some stupid bitch today put the front two wheels of her buggy (baby inside) onto the road today while waiting for a green man. The wheels were actually on a cycle lane. Fucking selfish bitch:mad:![/quote]

The famous clothes designer is seething

[quote=“Rocko”]No it’s only until midnight I think. They thought of that it seems.

Could have a great convoy home though at 4am.[/quote]
I can only assume if your were buckled while cycling the Garda could use the public order act to arrest you.

drunk in charge of a bicycle, think it’s more road traffic act rather than public order

They can use whatever they want to arrest you these days, apparently pissing at the central bank is enough

bastards

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]They can use whatever they want to arrest you these days, apparently pissing at the central bank is enough

bastards[/quote]
Drinking in Central Bank is enough also:rolleyes:. Feckin GSH, all banter until closing time.

Only operates from 5.30am to 12.30am to avoid the drunks. Still, there’s many a morning I’d only be thinking of heading home at 5.30 so the idea is flawed.

MacParty! :rolleyes:

One year on, and credit where its due, this has been quite the success. You’ll still get mongs who have no right to be on a bike in a busy capital city, but for the most part there’s a lot to be said for this initiative.

Death to all cyclists still however. <_<