El Classico

Did anyone watch this last night? I thought it was a smashing game. Robinho was superb for Madrid as was Cannavaro at the back. Messi is some talent although again Ronaldinho wasnt really at the races. I think Barca are really missing Eto because Eidur drops deep into what I like to call the hole and Messi and Ronaldinho drift around too they dont have a focal point to their attack or someone with real pace to make the runs in behind. Me and cesc4 were discussing all this prior to the game when going through the odds (7/4 Barca, 6/4 Madrid and 11/5 the draw) and coupled with Barca losing at Chelsea and Madrid impressing in Bucharest I stuck 60 on the Kings XI. It seemed odd watching the game and being up for Madrid. Nice little earner though.

fookin spics

Didn’t see it but certainly Barca need an out and out striker. Isn’t there a blonde lad called Maxi? Thought he was alright, no? Gudjohnsen is certainly a hole player, as are Messi, Ronaldinho, Deco and Giuly.

Maxi Lopez is at Mallorca on loan from Barca this year. He is certainly more of a striker than Gudjohnsen, Messi, Ronaldinho, Deco and Giuly (and Saviola who is in the Barca squad this season). Of those I think Saviola is most suited to playing as an out and out striker, though he’s obviously quite small (Lopez is 6’3" or something).

Lopez is probably not good enough for Barca long-term but he’s certainly in the mould of striker that they are badly lacking at the moment. They could use Larsson now.

Saviola came on for Eidur but I always saw him as an attacking midfielder myself. Theyre definitely missing an out and out striker. Forgot to say Raul was classic. Playing on the right of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Cracking header for the goal but was going around milling lads and tracking back and just generally working like he was an unproven youngster. Great attitude since he was dropped by the national team.

Barca’s lead getting whittled away here the bastards. They better hold on for the handicap.

http://www.veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4bb214cbf0269

Time for Coach Pascual to sit them down and teach them the importance of beating the royalist scum.

Valdes, Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Adriano, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi, Cesc, Neymar.

Subs: Montoya, Puyol, Pedro, Sanchez, Pinto Colorado, Song, Sergi

Diego Lopez, Carvajal, Varane, Pepe, Marcelo, Ramos, Khedira, Modric, Bale, Di Maria, Ronaldo.

Subs: Casillas, Fabio Coentrao, Benzema, Arbeloa, Jese, Isco, Illarramendi.

Looking forward to this battle for second place this evening

Neymar has Barca in front.

Real denied a certain penalty early on.

Barca will be filleted tonight.

Marcelo just laid Messi out.

Might have lost a few teeth.

Nicely done by Marcelo there

I can be your Casemiro, baby.

Real lead 1-0.

Offside?

Possibly.

Ramos looked offside but Real full value for their lead

Drug cheat equalises.

Vintage Messi there

Messi has been excellent tonight in fairness.