El Classico

The last world cup contained a distinct lack of club sides from the mediocre Serie A.
Billy Bullshit and the belly ticklers will put this to bed handy enough.

4 Likes

What?

Huh???

Maradonas comments on messi this morning are interesting…

He was mate. And he scored 4 goals. Despite being a marked man every time he set foot on the pitch.

1 Like

Link

What we’re his stats in the semi and the final?

Maradona on the likelihood of Argentina qualifying for the World Cup, “We are screwed, without Messi qualification is unlikely”

That’s all I could find from Google

1 Like

Maradona has criticised Messi in the recent past for being a bottler, not being a leader and having no personality.

Messi is widely disliked and mistrusted in his own country. He has been accused in many quarters of choosing managers and impacting of selection decisions. It is believed that he is the reason Icardi is not being selected at present. Even Dybala confirmed last week that Messi is basically a prick. Burdisso had a fight with him in the Cops America a number of years back about Messi’s work rate. The stats say he is ineffective at the business end of major tournaments. Argentina have just had a very bad qualifying campaign this tournament.

Unless Messi is vital to bring defensively miserly then I don’t think you can hold much weight in his contribution to Argentina at international level.

Link?

Link?

Link?

Link?

I typed “Burdisso Messi” into Google and the first result ironically enough was Burdisso saying “Totti isn’t a leader” :laughing:

Correction mate. They’ve had a poor qualifying campaign when Messi has been missing and they’ve had a very good campaign when Messi has been available

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1cBK3kF2bs

This is some meltdown from bomber.
Unreal.
Unbelievable.

“He is a great person, but he has no personality,” Maradona said. “He doesn’t have the personality to be a leader.”

“It’s logical that he comes in for flak, it’s easy to explain. We’ve got the best player in the world, who goes and scores four goals against Real Sociedad, then he comes here and doesn’t touch the ball”.

I think you’d have to be living under a stone to be unaware of the relative criticism Messi gets in his homeland. Wasn’t it one of the reasons why he threw a hissy fit and retired after the last Copa?

http://www.football-italia.net/92872/messi-blocks-icardi-argentina

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/lionel-messi-not-pick-argentina-9310760

It wasn’t though. This is the first result for Burdisso Messi on Google. Nice try at distortion though.

No they’ve just had a bad qualifying campaign, they’ve sacked their coach. There could be a 101 different reasons why they’re struggling, they’ve had some bad results this campaign but some decent ones without Messi too, they beat Colombia away without Messi, they drew with Brazil without Messi as opposed to a 3-0 defeat with him in the team. Maybe it’s more down to the coach being an idiot, the games Messi has tended to miss have predominantly been away matches.

2 Likes

My goodness - what a decisive clamping of multiple posters. I expect apologies to be made very shortly.

1 Like

And here’s the Dybala one.

We don’t read The Sun on Merseyside.

Some serious bastions of journalism there :joy::joy::joy:

This has been some laugh. Bomber being fooled by Maradonnas unbelievable ego where he wants to protect any comparision to himself

This whole viewpoint is akin to saying Hitler wasn’t a psychopath, its thats mental.

1 Like

Listen mate, I didn’t bring Maradona into it and I’ve only provided substance as was requested.

All you have been reduced to now is the role of a propaganda whore from the sideline, knocking out whatever you can in that empty vessel of yours.

Stop egging him on pal. The guy has serious issues and needs help.

Maradona also said he was a “great” just a few short months ago, something you wouldn’t agree with obviously.

You know something is true when a famous person’s brother in law said it.

You do realise google show links in different order to different users sometimes? I can guarantee you the first link that came up wheni typed that was “Totti is not a leader”. Do you think Burdisso is a good judge of character?

They’ve won 6 out of 7 with Messi and won 1 of 7 without him. Those are the facts. Why do you think Maradona is so scared that they won’t qualify without Messi?

On the Dybala it’s not exactly new news that Messi is very quiet. It’s been known for years. Dybala didn’t “basically call him a prick”