Enda Kenny

There’s an SEAI grant for putting in insulation and renewables. At least there was two years ago.

1 Like

As @Fagan_ODowd says there’s a scheme for insulating you’ll see a few ads for it in the limerick post.Think you pay full price up front then claim rest back.

I must look into it. I suppose I’d hardly be able to claim from both schemes.

Depends how good your accountant is I suppose.

Check the Seai website. The scheme is for upgrading older houses. I put in insulation, a hru, solar panels

Can I avail of the Home Renovation Incentive and the Better Energy Homes scheme at the same time?
Yes homeowners may avail of both the Home Renovation Incentive (HRI) and Better Energy Homes when upgrading their home.

Where a home is availing of Better Energy Homes and Home Renovation Incentive the applicant must deduct three times the Better Energy Homes grant value from the Home Renovation Incentive qualifying expenditure. Note: all Better Energy grant-related expenditure can count towards meeting the €5,000 minimum threshold.

The Home Renovation Incentive will provide a tax credit at 13.5% of qualifying expenditure (minimum €5,000 excl. VAT, maximum €30,000 excl. VAT) on repair, renovation or improvement work carried out on a principal private residence. The works must be completed by a tax compliant contractor on the applicant’s principal private residence. The credit will be payable over two years following the year in which the work is carried out.

You must have been wrecked after that @Fagan_ODowd.

So you want one scheme to pay for your extension and the other to pay for insulating the old part of the home?Can you do that.

I actually got a builder to do most of it.

That would make sense alright

:clap:

No it looks like I can’t. At least not in a worthwhile fashion.

I’d be looking to get the maximum under the home HRI Scheme (13.5% of €30,000). If i claimed the other grant I would have to deduct three times the value of that claim from my HRI claim.

As far as I can recall, the bit you put the extension on isn’t eligible for the grant but the upgrades to the old part of the house are, so that in the case of the insulation they did a prorating based on floor area.

1 Like

Worth a look. TEA are a decent outfit.

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/controversy-grows-over-e20000-grant-to-taoiseachs-cycling-club/

Is that a phone on your pocket or are you just happy to see me

A grant to a fucking cycling club . I am fucking seething .

1 Like

It’s for moral righteousness and indignation lessons.

1 Like

This might cheer you up though, I was cycling home late and tired last night by the river. At an intersection there was a stupid fattish fucker on a bike who was lit up like a Christmas tree. Two front searchlights, a helmet light, arm flashers and two or three back lights. He looked like an airport runway, and was just pulling out as I went past.
With absolute predictability the oaf was panting like a steam engine and clinging to my back wheel within 500 yards, making moves to pass. The path went slightly uphill which equally predictably sent him.into the red, and he dropped back, before desperately hauling himself back.
I was tired, pissed off, and tapping along trying to mind my own business, anyhow, I cycle that way a fair bit and bits are pitch dark. As I slowed towards one of the cycling barrier things, the stupid cunt decided, practically crying with effort, to launch an all out assault, despite me saying loudly to be careful. He duly wrapped himself round the barrier. I stopped to ask.if he was OK, but he was sulking and wouldn’t answer so I left him dusting himself off.

4 Likes

Maybe he was just trying like a gent to get out in front to do his bit and give you a breather? Nobody likes a scrubbing cunt