Enda Kenny

The latest in a long history of camaraderie between Fine Gael and the Spanish fascist party

4 Likes

Old friends are best.

He must have forgot his good blueshirt.

2 Likes

What a statesman

1 Like

:joy::joy:

It was very funny to see Enda squirming and ignoring some yank accented hack shouting “You called President Trump’s views racist and dangerous - have you taken that up with him?”

I like how he wore the tie a bit longer for the occasion, now thats attention to detail.

This is a tremendous day for Ireland.

Was it not an Irish journo who asked him the question?

Enda has done the state some service.

Just hanging a bit lower as what was left of his cojones had shrivelled.

I thought it was an American accent in that Oval Office photo op. I could hear Perry from RTÉ asking Trump about visiting Ireland but pretty sure it was an American shouting about the racist stuff.

Think he was hit with it yesterday as well, and batted it away saying there was obviously a clear distinction between Trump the candidate and Trump the President. A wonderful sidestep.

It seems Enda has already turned Trumps mind on the illegal Irish, with the President unaware that the numbers were as low as they are.

There was also this at the event yesterday:

Kenny and his advisers only had the last few months to prepare and learn off a couple of sentences to explain away his comments but he even made a fucking hames of that.

A tremendous moment for Taoiseach Kenny, meeting with one of the very few world leaders who can can make him look competent, articulate and statesmanlike.

:joy:

What . A. Fucking. Imbecile. :joy:

Which one ??

Trump: “We’re going to have a very good long term relationship with Ireland”

President Trump calls the Taoiseach his “new friend”.

“I love Ireland and I love the people of Ireland,” finishes Trump

Kenny opens with a cupla focail then stops, faces Trump, and clarifies: “I didn’t say anything disparaging about you at all there”

Kenny formally congratulates Trump on winning. “You beat them all. Elections are tough - I know, I’ve been through 20 of them myself”

3 Likes