Enda Kenny

They are just vote hunting, using up our money on the postage as well. A mail drop like that would possibly be for maybe 10,000 houses ya? Thats about 15k there straight away, if not more.

If they just did the job as they were supposed to do there would be no need for any of this licking up to the locals.

Yeah I kinda figured that Kev, he’s not even the closest FG TD but the Blueshirt election strategy has clearly allocatted him to this catchment area.

I can confirm is was a Dáil Eireann postage paid envelope, 55c a pop.

Off topic somewhat but I have an anecdote related to the old ‘all politics is local’ adage following on from Appendage’s posts on clinics and what not.

County Wexford has 5 TDs. The county is split into 4 separate town councils / districts with separate councillors elected in each of the 4 areas (Wexford, New Ross, Enniscorthy, Gorey). Broadening that out, you’d generally get a geographic spread of TDs. We currently have Brendan Howlin (Labour - Wexford), Seán Connick (Fianna Fáil - New Ross), Paul Kehoe (Fine Gael - Enniscorthy), John Browne (Fianna Fáil - Enniscorthy) and Michael D’Arcy (Fine Gael - Gorey).

Anyway, my hurling club - Faythe*** Harriers of Wexford town - opened their new hurling arena and hurling wall a few weeks ago and they invited all the 5 TDs to the official opening. The Wexford based TD, Brendan Howlin, swerved it as did all the others except John Browne. He’s involved in the Rapparees / Starlights club club in Enniscorthy and is a good GAA man. He’d know a lot of the Harriers club men and women and went around and had a friendly word and a laugh with nearly everyone.

There were 300 or so people there and loads were giving it the ‘fair play to John Browne for coming down from Enniscorthy - Howlin didn’t even have the decency to show up…Browne will be getting my vote anyway…’ chat. Basically, Fianna Fáil have completely fooked up the country but John Browne probably picked up a few dozen votes by coming along the other week and pressing the flesh and I’d be extremely surprised if he didn’t top the poll in Wexford again.

*** Can I just clarify once and for all that ‘Faythe’ is pronounced in a manner that would rhyme with the actor John Voight’s surname? It’s not ‘Fay-the’. Cunts.

gga fans are tards

Ya, 55c, but he would have employed An Post to undertake the packaging and special delivery, thats the real cost. No way would he have had some poor auld bitch out the back of the office doing this manually. From my experience such an undertaking costs 1.50 ish a letter.

Bando - Browne knows his audience. But what i’d like to know, its all grand and dandy to turn up the night of the opening, but which one of the politicians lobbied for the club to get whatever money needed. They are the real worker IMO. He may be both, but i’d look a little deeper into it than just giving him the vote for turning up to the opening.

By the way, our local school just got 2 prefabs, one on top of the other, coincidently only the other day. From the outside they look pretty good, and miles ahead of the rat infested shit traps i went to school in. Batt had fuck all to do with it though, the cunt. :smiley:

i wouldnt give any wexford politican credit it for any gga facilities- the impression i have is that the gga know how to fill out applications forms very well

By the way, our local school just got 2 prefabs, one on top of the other, coincidently only the other day. From the outside they look pretty good, and miles ahead of the rat infested shit traps i went to school in. Batt had fuck all to do with it though, the cunt. :smiley:
[/quote]

i wouldnt let mr conway hear ya say that… these castleparkers would turn up anywhere :blink:

[/quote]

i wouldnt let mr conway hear ya say that… these castleparkers would turn up anywhere :blink:
[/quote]

? :huh: ?

Think you may have got the wrong school.

The cunt bit would only make sense to you had you read other posts from earlier in the week, i don’t really think he’s a cunt at all.

Appendage, was it Paul Kehoe/Keogh out of interest?

Christ that comment from Vincent re: Enda was a bit over the top.

The dark room, whiskey and shot gun? Slightly OTT alright.

You can’t be going around encouraging fellas to kill themselves.
Unless your Turenne or NCC.

Did he say shotgun? Always thought that was a little agriculture for the job. A tasteful revolver or some sort of service sidearm is what you want, a shotgun is for scattering crows ffs.

He said revolver.

A bit unprofessional calling the front passenger’s seat for a journey live on air.

Looks Farmers Friday is heading like my Thursday

Fuck you - I thought that was good.

I thought mine were good yesterday :lol:

Apparently Vincent is going to apologise for the remark tonight after a deluge of complaints in relation to it.
Only right too.

Don’t know about Browne. Didn’t he want to run for the Blueshirts at one stage?