ENGLAND Supporters Thread - World Cup 2018, Russia Here We Come

England are probably the only team I haven’t really seen …And they simply can’t be judged against the muck they have been up against anyway. Shame there isn’t more on the line for the Belgium game…

1 Like

Keane telling people calm down at a World Cup .! A bit of irony .

3 Likes

I’d be amazed if England are not in the quarter finals at the very least.

I know

Did you watch Colombia there mate?

Are they technically superior to England mate? :grinning:

No. I’ve watched about five matches so far, Portugal v Spain, Mexico v Germany, Brazil v Switzerland, England v Tunisia and Germany v Sweden. I’ll probably start watching a bit more of it next weekend once the business end starts.

2 Likes

He’ll be all excited getting The Sun tomorrow.

1 Like

Yes. I never said Panama were technically better than England by the way but Colombia are

Colombia were superb tonight Geoff, Davinson was superb. Make sure you watch their game against Senegal.

Hopefully they won’t find themselves 5 down at half time so like the last technically superior team England faced, I’ve been chuckling away sporadically throughout the day at that one

Fair play mate. Your optimism is very strange so

When did I say Panama were technically superior to England? Stop making things up you west brit

Oddly enough that is one thing I miss about the Sun having an Irish version. We don’t get the comical jingoism around World Cup on print format anymore.

We are all west brits watching soccer mate .

1 Like

Colombia are always the hipsters fancy early in the tournament. They were going to win it last time after the group stages and collapsed like a deck of cards to the worst Brazil team ever in the knock out stages. Same back in 1994 and they lost to the US, same in 1990 when they were eliminated by Cameroon. They’ve just got over a piss poor Poland team after losing to Japan and they’re seemingly going to win it all again.

1 Like

Soccer is a global game

How did England get on in the last tournament mate? Must have been much better than Colombia the way you’re going on

1 Like

The British empire was too .

1 Like

For all their John Bull huff and puff, England would be easily dispatched by Colombia.