Young Player of the year nominees :

Gabriel Agbonlahor
Rafael Da Silva
Jonny Evans
Stephen Ireland
Aaron Lennon
Ashley Young

Gerrard and Ireland for me

Vidic for player of the year. Ashley Young will get young player I think.

Vidic and Stevie I

After what Torres did to him? Speaking of which…

Aren’t these awards historically reflective of first half of the season form or am I thinking of another set of awards? Players have to have nomination forms returned by the end of January or something but they defer releasing the list of nominations until now. Probably explains absence of one or two and the inclusion of a couple of others who have tailed away.

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]Nominations are :

Rio Ferdinand
Steven Gerrard
Ryan Giggs
Cristiano Ronaldo
Edwin van der Sar
Nemanja Vidic

Young Player of the year nominations :

Gabriel Agbonlahor
Rafael Da Silva
Jonny Evans
Stephen Ireland
Aaron Lennon
Ashley Young

Gerrard and Ireland for me[/quote]

Dont know what Gerrard did prior to Robbie Keane’s departure. It was only when Benitez started pairing him with Torres that he started to excel. Giggs getting nominated in a joke as is Van der Saar. Reina has performed miles better. Fat frank and Ashley Young should be in any top 6 this season. Xabi Alonso is player of the year FFS.

I’d love to know what Gabby, Da Silva and Lennon did to get nominated for young player of the year.

Roger that captain. They vote in january don’t they. A bit stupid really.

The run of 14 clean sheets before that will be taken into account. I think this is voted for in February anyway so thats why Torres didnt get nominated. I want Giggsy to win it for his great service to United over the years but he hasnt played enough games I think.

Rio and Stevie Ireland for me

Off your game, he’s bottled it in big games this year.
Not a Pool fan (or any fan for that matter), but for me its Gerrard, he’s been nothing short of awesome. After Messi he’s the best player in the world at the moment.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Off your game, he’s bottled it in big games this year.
[/quote]

Vidics 90th minute winner against Sunderland was a big win for United at the time. Also scored the first against Chelsea at Old Trafford. Fair enough Torres did him but that game was his only poor one all season.

Don’t watch the EPL but thought he was very poor against Porto last week. Looked sluggish and uncertain throughout.

No coincedence that United have been struggling the past few weeks without Rio Ferdinand…

He is missing Ferdinand and it did show last week but the United defence at the moment looks terrible and I could only imagine if Vidic wasnt playing it would be a hell of a lot worse.

Ferdinand is a fucking Brit as far as im concerned id be giving it to Vidic or Van Der Saar,Young Player to Young or Agbonlahor.

Not disputing that Ferdinand is a fucking Brit but so are Young and Agbonlahor. Young is the stand out candidate from that list although Stevie Ireland has been impressive consistently.

Great logic there LINK

And lets not forget Stevie Ireland is a fucking traitor. What is it with these cork lads, the betrayal at kinsale, the betrayal at saipan, michael collins and now this fucker.

Mad alright. :stuck_out_tongue:

Awards often seem surprising giveb the delay in voting and publication. Lamaprd not being nominated seems surprising, as does Van Der Sars nomination. Wouldn’t say he was near being the best goalkeeper this year, Reina and Schwarzer looked miles better. I would say that Vidic and Young will win but I would go for Gerrard and Ireland.

What age is Aaron Lennon? Would have thought he was too old to be “young” player of the year.