ESPN's 30 for 30 and Other Sports Documentaries

55 mins

1 Like

Great documentary on about the Detroit pistons at the moment.

1 Like

Seen most of them and this is in the top 3

1 Like

Its brilliant.

Top, top notch.

I’ve just put it on again. It’s essential viewing.

Have you seen many of the rest?

Years ago when they were on espn Classic.

1 Like

Watched The Two Bill’s. Thought it was average enough, don’t think you could expect much either given how guarded both men are either but no real massive insight into either.

The 2 Escobar’s on BT Sport 2 now

Bikram yoga series, nuts what went on

Calved on the couch after dinner with Chasing Tyson into 42 to 1 on the go.

The three different docs involving the football program of the university of Miami are all great watches.

The one about the early 2000s teams is on BT sports 2 now. Some talent and characters on those trams

2 Likes

Think we should widen this out with the stuff on Netflix and Amazon too.

Amazon did a behind the scenes documentary on Leeds last season called Take it Home which I’m guessing will be a little like the Sunderland Till I Die one on Netflix the year before.

Released in August. Here’s the trailer:

1 Like

I recently watched the 30 for 30 about the Boston College Basketball point shaving scandal in the early 80’s. Henry Hill and a load of the real life gangsters portrayed in Goodfellas were involved. Henry contributed to the doc as did some of his gangster mates including Paulie the boss fella. Some of the college players implicated in the scandal also took part. It was a very enjoyable show. It’s extremely difficult even now to decipher who is telling the truth (if anyone is) but that adds to the craic.

1 Like

Bobby Bruce is out of jail and back at Indy!!

Only watched the first two episodes, found it very hard to have much sympathy for Bobby.

I’m trying to remember the last season … was he the fella throwing the tantrums all the time?

Tommy Morrison documentary was very good.

1 Like

Linebacker, had anger issues and spoke in a husky voice. Sounded a bit slow. There were a lot of scenes with him and the teacher, I’d say schoolwork was a constant struggle for him.