Euro 2012 - Match discussion thread

Christ, Russia were awful. Totally deserve to be out.

Complete lack of urgency when they needed a goal. Absolutely leaderless.

The Russians can fuck off back to Moscow with their big flag. Cunts.

I’m absolutely delighted for Sammy. :clap:

That’s some shock, disappointing to see the hosts out so early aswell, the polish are a great bunch of lads

The Greeks showing how to win ugly there

Amazing turnaround.

Wolfsburg players now have 5 goals at the euros

Jiracek has been terrific all tournament. Sammy was weeping for joy at the end there. What a man.

Disappointed for the Polish lads - they really put on a super show in hosting the event and their second half performance against Russia was excellent. Never really sustained that though and they relied on Kuba too much.

Hardly any surprise to see the Russians go out seeing as they qualified out of the weakest group

I love Georgios Samaras. What a guy. :clap:

+1

Well done Greece. I know a few Greeks and i can confirm they are lovely people.

I forgot I had Greece in the sweepstakes!

Well done lads.

I hope Greece tank the krauts.

Zlatan: “I don’t give a shit who wins it now. I’m going on holiday. Hopefully in Sweden but if the weather’s bad I’ve got an aeroplane ready.”

[quote=“cluaindiuic, post: 689421”]Christ, Russia were awful. Totally deserve to be out.

Complete lack of urgency when they needed a goal. Absolutely leaderless.[/quote]

You’d have to question any team that has Arshavin as captain. A spineless cunt.

Arshavin to Russian fans in the airport: “It’s not our problem we didn’t meet your expectations. It’s your problem.”

Here buy me some crisps and chocolate if you’re on the way home in the next while.

Any chance we could get Arshavin an Irish passport?

I didn’t see the Germany-Portugal game but Portugal must have been fairly inept in it considering the RTE panel are saying they were much improved against Denmark. I thought they were utterly hopeless against Denmark and extremely lucky. The Dutch full backs have also been pretty crap so Ronaldo and Nani may get some joy tonight all the same.

Portugal were excellent against the Germans and only restricted Germany to one clear cut chance, which they scored. Portugal were unlucky not to get at least a point from the match, even hit the under side of the bar at one stage. Who said they were inept?

Puke, i have RTE streaming live here now so i can listen to the panel and it is crystal clear with no interruptions but yet it was appaling for the hurling earlier. Maybe it is the time of day you are watching it. :shakefist:

Giles, Hamann and Cunningham said they were much improved against Denmark. They were useless against Denmark so I thought it implied they were shit against Germany.

Portugal will win this tournament.