Euro 2012 - Match discussion thread

What age are you, 12?

Doesnā€™t take a 12 year old to figure out Spain (and Barcelona) are a cancer on football.

Ronaldo is a wonderful footballer, but a horrible petulant disgusting cunt also.

To be fair, there are a multitude. Soccer is a cancer ridden busness.

We heard you the first time, about a year ago now. Why donā€™t you start your own blog on it and give us all a break.

Is that Mark Bright on co-commentary? A nothing player who spent his career at Port Vale and Charlton Athletic.

Martin Keown.

Ray Houghton.

A Portugal Italy game would be a wonderful advertisement for European football.

Spain have turned me off the game with their boring, backward passing and cunts like Busquets and Iniesta bitching and moaning.

Germany, meanwhile, are a bunch of bottlers, most of whom abandoned their own countries in search of trophies.

Portugal and Italy play the game as it should be played, with the likes of Pirlo showing Xavi and Iniesta that midfielders are in fact allowed to pass the ball forward.

In other news, Bruno Alves looks like Frankenstein.

Excellent first half from Portugal. Pressed at the right tempo at the right times and have defended pretty well.

RTƉā€™s assessment of the first half was fairly spot on there in fairness. Pique looks lost with the ball, Silva has been hopeless and Negredo has been anonymous. I saw Silva being touted as the third best player in the world recently. Hilarious stuff.

Sounds like Dugarry to me.

Well said Jackie. The lads who have encountered my brilliant football musings before I joined TFK will know that I was a pioneer in the anti-Barcelona, anti-Spanish style football stance. Iā€™m so happy that most people are now coming round to this point of view, it took a lot of lobbying, some fantastic postings and relentless pressure but we are now the majority.

That comment is in sickening bad taste considering the death just three days ago of fomer LFC and Real Betis player Miki Roque RIP YNWA and Eric Abidalā€™s cancer and resulting liver transplant.

[quote=ā€œMr. Totti, post: 690152ā€]

Well said Jackie. The lads who have encountered my brilliant football musings before I joined TFK will know that I was a pioneer in the anti-Barcelona, anti-Spanish style football stance. Iā€™m so happy that most people are now coming round to this point of view, it took a lot of lobbying, some fantastic postings and relentless pressure but we are now the majority.[/quote]

Jackieā€™s disgraceful slur on the German team should have met with a wall of criticism, not this ridiculous pandering to insular nationalism.

Sickeningly true.

Letā€™s hope this wonderful Catalunya and friends team moves another step towards cementing their position as the greatest international team of all-time here.

Am I being overly sensitive in noticing that the refereeā€™s nationality is mentioned anytime heā€™s criticised?

I think so.

I wonder if the 2-day disparity in rest since quarter final ties will show as the game progresses.

Where is from?

Spain taking off their only striker and replacing him with a midfielder. :lol: