Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

Disaster.

Isak is great to watch tbf.

Little Vladi Weiss has gotten old lookin

This an unbelievably stereotypical Swedish team and performance. As dour and solid and functional as a grey Volvo estate. A lad from an ethnic minority to give them a small outlet of skill and ambition. A 36 year old veteran who has been knocking around low level Premier League clubs his whole career. A second half penalty to win the game 1-0.

It’s LITERALLY the exact same game as Sweden v Switzerland in the last 16 of the 2018 World Cup.

He’s been utter shit

The father or son?

"well defended " says Ger, as Weiss fell over and gifted it to the Swedish lad

About 8 accidental handballs there

That Swedish jersey would give you a horn

Tony O’Donoghue googling stats on his phone. Some pro.

Martin O’Neill had that prick TOD well sussed.

2 Likes

Croatia vs Czech Republic up next, should be a good game.

I was at the game between those sides in 2016. Croatia were 2-up and cruising and they started lobbing flares & stuff onto the pitch and groups of them started kicking the shit out of each other. I was in the Croatia end, and it turned pretty quickly tbh. Then you had some players trying to calm things down, but Perisic was actually riling them up more.

The Czechs had been very poor but actually ended up coming back and equalised with a last-minute penalty.

Is there beef between the Czechs and the Croats? Would seem fairly random or just scum being scum?

The Croatians were protesting their own FA at the time if I recall correctly. Had nothing to do with the Czechs. I think Modric was caught up in some legal trouble at the time in relation to it

1 Like

They should have brought some tennis balls.

That would have showed them.

It was Croats fighting Croats. There were no Czechs involved.

Generally, I found the Croats to be alright sorts.

They sided with the Nazis mate

Look WW2 was a bit like the Celtic Tiger. Everyone made a show of themselves at some stage but we need to forget about it and move on.

The Czechs looking good here

So did Italy. The French didn’t cover themselves in glory either, the Vichy government deported 13,000 Jews including 4,000 children that the Nazis never asked for.