Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

The Italians don’t rate the Spuds lads at all. A particular disdain for them :grinning:

3 Likes

Wrighty wasn’t long turning on itv. A few hours ago they were a generational team with an excellent manager now they are shocking

Maybe Southgate wants to get them away from Wembley for the knockout game.

Ultimately Rice wasn’t much of a loss but Grealish was massive

3 Likes

I’ve said it for some time now.

Rice is the new Eric Dier. He’s honking, a donkey who is not good enough in defence or midfield.

Grealish was a loss but we already have loads of sideways passers like Rice. I wonder do they regret not playing for Ireland? In particular Grealish? Heard whispers he regrets not playing for Ireland. Too much off the cuff for England.

Declan Rice is the English Modric.

Grealish and Maddison would make a huge difference to Ireland if they ever committed.

1 Like

Whispers from who? Keith Andrews and Stephen Kenny?:joy: I’d love if that was true but unfortunately I’d doubt it.

1 Like

Maddison will get less than 10 caps for England. Should have declared for Ireland. Youd imagine Bamford would be on board too. Would be a good side.

They’d be the Andy Reid/Wes Hoolahan who we wouldn’t trust to start ahead of Harry Arter.

1 Like

Well hes with England now so all the one but will Grealish get 30 caps for England? They dont trust free spirits like Grealish.

Jimmy Greaves once said that Mark Hateley’s first touch was further than he could kick it.

5 Likes

How bad was Rashford in his brief cameo btw?

1 Like

4-2-3-1 Is a bit of a cop out of a formation too.

I’d say he might be looking wistfully at England playing in major tournaments while he was stuck whipping in deliveries to James Collins if he had declared for us. We needed an auld rogue in charge at that time who could have coaxed the likes of Grealish, Rice, Maddison and Bamford along. But at the end of the day they all identify as English it seems.

I have no doubt that Grealish was more torn by his decision than Rice and more chance of nailing him down back in the day. I know people will say we don’t want players unless they’re certain but he is third generation Irish on the one side and would have an agent in his ear.

1 Like

Grealish father came out last year and said Ireland don’t give young players a chance. I’d imagine if O’Neill had brought Grealish on the USA tour in 2014 he’d have committed to Ireland. Wrong man in charge at the time.

1 Like

Mark Hately was a fine player when used right

1 Like

If Modric had zero talent