Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

He’s more of the 21st century Horst Hrubesch

2 Likes

Come on Italy. Thought Mancini would stick with Locatelli. Verratti will no doubt pick up a crazy yellow today and be on a tightrope from here on in.

Denmark have a very good back 3 and goalkeeper. That’s a great start for an international team.

1 Like

You don’t leave out your best player in a knockout match.

Inane discussion here about concussion protocols immediately before the match, based off suppositions about the status of a player. The RTE coverage has been abysmal.

Barella is our best player.

I wouldn’t go that far. Horst Hrubesch monstered Real Madrid in a European Cup semi-final and was later a European Cup winning captain. He was recently appointed the manager of SV Hamburg.

1 Like

Acerbi continues to get derided from a few idiots who have probably never seen him play.

Immobile’s runs in behind are brilliant

Austria look motivated for this. You’d imagine this is a serious grudge match for them due to Italy’s continuing occupation of the South Tyrol region. A bit like it would be for Southern Irish players playing England.

Austria are taking lots or risks. There will be plenty of chances for Ciro tonight.

The only contact there was Bachmann kicking Immobile.

Both teams are having a go. Italy look a lot more likely though. They will score before the 25th minute I suspect.

If Denmark beat the Dutch I think they’ll beat the Germans or English in the semi.

Yer man Schlager is everywhere for Austria and yet at the same time looks like he has the fitness of a 43 year old Billy Bremner.

I fancy Arsenal in this.

1 Like

Spina causing wreck.

Great save by Bachmann to turn that away with his foot. He’s gone into Bachmann Turner Overdrive.

Austria are pinned in.

Marko should have hit the target there.