Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

You’d nearly forget Perisic couldn’t play in this. What. A. Loss.

1 Like

It can never be emphasised enough how much of a weirdo Kenny Cunningham is

I’d be reluctant enough to criticise lads for telly work but there does seem to be something amiss with him

They may not qualify. They’ve had some poor results in the World Cup qualifiers already and there’s only 13 European spots?

Edit: Still top actually despite the loss to Slovenia.

1 Like

I enjoy his shite talk all the same

I like him tbh. I think he’s the best of the RTE co-commentators.

Bizarre sequence there from Kenny on unacceptable scorelines for a match to finish

3 Likes

Morata got fouled early in the second half, proper clattered and Kenny went off on a rant about him having no confidence because he kept falling over.

Kenny is great craic. Very few pundits have their own inimitable style these days. Very few are able to give you it as they see it and you know they mean it. Kenny can. Very few aren’t modifying their behaviour to appear more “polished”. Kenny isn’t.

Agreed. He always has a good rapport with his commentator and has interesting, if extremely odd at times, views on the game.

His brand of shite talk is not suited to being in the studio and being called out by fellow analysts

Aine somehow managed to pronounce 8 out of 11 of the Swiss names wrong there

Darragh Maloney helpfully clarifying that contrary to popular belief, RTE do actually have commentators at these matches.

“We will be in Romania in a few minutes for the first half of France versus Switzerland.”

That France jersey is sexy

Hopefully the Power Cube has a stormer here and Barcelona jump in eagerly.
#wishful thinking

1 Like

viva espana

I stand corrected on the French formation

Why they booing Shaquri?

Good pace to this

Which three did she get right?

There are a good few Milosevicis and Belodedicis in Romania, aren’t there?