Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

Muller and Havertz will invert and Werner will run the channels.

Kane will drop deep and Sterling and Saka will run out to in, with noone to play a through ball and even if they do theyll have noone to cross it to.

Englands only hope is if they can somehow get Harry Kane to stop thinking he can play ball and actually stay in the box

Christ, I hope England don’t score first or it will be pure scower

His penalty considering the wait he had to take it was fucking brilliant too.

This is like two rival families looking to secure the sun loungers by the pool by staying awake all night to drape a towel over one.

The German always wins and the English man retreats miserably to the bar, sunburnt and cowed

1 Like

Southgate saying most of his players can barely remember the 2010 World Cup reminds me of the time a reporter asked Luke Shaw about his earliest World Cup memory back in 2014 and he replied “That time Lampard scored the goal that wasn’t given”:joy: That was 4 years previous when he was 15.

4 Likes

Timo is gonna put in a performance for the ages today

And you can bookmark that

Luke Shaw didn’t know who Tony Adams was when Lampard was chatting to him.

Luke Shaw is more than likely a simpleton.

Jose knew…

Edit:

Shaw retired Lamps.

1 Like

5 Likes

Let’s do this for Didi….

1 Like

Some players lack of knowledge is startling at times. Be the equivalent of Dara O’ Shea never having heard of Richard Dunne before.

1 Like

he’s some ape :slight_smile:

Or Tomas Ryan not having heard of Messi.

1 Like

Maybe he just doesn’t watch football.

I think my earliest World Cup memory was Tom Boyd scoring an OG against Brazil but it’s more fashionable to say something a bit more romantic than that.

Banter

I’d say Kyler would know who Gary Kirby is!

Let’s hope the Ze Germans help Duffer out here.

Mine was coming home from primary school in 2002 and being in shock that Senegal had beaten France. I was naive enough to expect a 7-0 win for the French.

1-1 draw.

Engerland to progress on penalties.

What a cowardly cunt Southgate is.

1 Like

Not many have won World Cups

Disgraceful booing of a national anthem there.

1 Like