Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

The way they’re playing at the moment they look quite likely to concede. They’ve shown nothing at all so far.

Nice from Saka.

Set piece is by far England’s best chance of scoring.

Muller pulling hide side up the pitch with him. Great to see.

Yes. Slabhead is their most important player like he was in the World Cup

Tidy play from England in managing to work it back to Pickford in just two touches from a free kick on the edge of the opposition area.

2 Likes

He’s going to be their No 1 out ball from here on in

Good hit from Sterling.

Coming into it now

Poor from Germany, free header, should do better.

Kieran Tripper to score any time at 12/1 and 30/1 for first goalscorer is tempting. Maguire should have got a better header on that chance.

What are watching it on? I’m a good minute behind

I think Kane is a big problem for England. While he is a very good player, he isn’t that good that the team should be built around him. Fair enough if he was surrounded by limited players for a mid tier nation like Zlatan with Sweden or Lewendowski with Poland etc.

I would love to see what England would look like with someone like Bamford running into the channels and occupying centre halves and doing the dirty work for Sterling, Grealish and Sancho playing behind him or even Calvert Lewin there to bully centre halves and just do a solid functional job to let the creative lads do their thing. Kane does a lot of things well but nothing spectacular and all too often wants to drop off and spray the ball around when they don’t need him to. A less is more approach would certainly unlock the attacking talents of others in the squad.

2 Likes

You get the feeling the EPL RTE crew really want England to win.

England’s whole attacking game plan reverts around set-pieces. What the media were complaining about when Ireland were doing it. Big Sam may be gone from the job since 2016 but his influence appears to have lived on.

RTE?

Phillips seems to be given licence to roam forward, so Rice is the holder.

Philips was better in the opening game as the holding Midfielder, Eng really miss Mount.

Goretzka is a baysht

Same as that :thinking:. Must be the good weather

England have settled well