Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

I think that scoreboard flatters Belgium.

It was a Peno. Stupid to give him the extra little shove with the arm.

Obvious penalty, stupid defending.

The BBC punditry is outstanding

Stupid penalty to concede; they were cruising.

It was a stupid tackle but it was of the harsh variety.

Fair enjoyed that half of football. Italy are excellent but Belgium are dangerous enough on the break to keep it interesting

Wasn’t harsh. Was stupid. I feel your pain, and if he’d not given the extra little push it wouldn’t have been given, but he did.
Italy should win comfortably though. Better side.

It was harsh. I think most people agree it was but it was stupid from Di Lorenzo and the scoreline influenced tyr ref to award that. If it was 0-0 he wouldn’t give that.

Just saw the goals at half time there when I flicked over from the tennis, as they were closing the roof on Centre Court. There was an Italian chap Immobile rolling around on the ground like he was shot trying to con a penalty. His teammates went and scored their first goal and Immobile was up like a shot to join in the celebrations.

4 Likes

Belgium really need to do something on Insigne.

Bonucci has serious vision for a centre half.

Italy are an incredible nation to pluck a striker from nowhere and stick him up front in a tournament.

Barella should have taken that on himself.

Those first time dink passes aren’t coming off for Belgium. They’ve found it very hard to get any sort of a passing game going. Midfield and especially the wide players aren’t providing much.

Way too much space between defense and midfield for Italy.

They’re able to pick it up and drive 20 or 30 yards at will.

Who’s the co-commentator on RTE?

Stephen Kelly

1 Like

Get Verratti off.

Stephen kelly has grown on me this tournament.

1 Like