Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

Embolo is a great tournament player.

John Kenny is a fool

John Kenny is an integral part of the major tournament experience, I’m hoping he throws in a random name of a Joe McDonagh Cup hurler or Olympic swimmer by mistake before this tournament is out.

1 Like

That Adam fella up front for Hungary didn’t even resemble a professional footballer.

2 Likes

John will be covering the highlights package for Laois vs Wexford on tomorrow night’s Sunday Game. What a man

2 Likes

A jack of all trades, a man for all seasons. Equally at home at Mondello Park, Brewster Park, an Olympic pool, Peamount United’s pitch or doing an off-tube commentary from an insulated freight container which previously served as the clubhouse of St. Pat’s Palmerstown.

4 Likes

Sommer, Rodrigues, Xhaka and Shaqiri have given some service for the Swiss - all fine tournament footballers too. Think this is their sixth major tournament together

4 Likes

If you had told me he was an Olympic weightlifter or hammer thrower or something of that ilk, I’d have believed it.

1 Like

This should be good

No Busquets, no party - hon Croatia

So Morata is captain now. It’s like Tipp giving it to Jason Forde. Spain look seriously short of pace at fullback.

2 Likes

Croatia have taken one of international football’s nicest jerseys and absolutely destroyed it

3 Likes

Adidas doing an O’Neills on it and making every kit the exact same. Those fucking shorts on Spain.

Awful Croat kit too. Nike doing too much rather than keeping the classic style

Yeah I’m not sold on that Spanish front 3. A 16 year old and Morata doesn’t look the most potent to me. They’ll be windy enough in the knockouts as is their wont over the last 10 years.

1 Like

Why the need for such big patches of red and white? Looks cat

I could see this ending nil nil

This is lovely stuff from Croatia. Spain a bit lethargic.

Clinical from Morata.

1 Like

Slightly against the run of play?

Croatia are a shadow of their great sides of the last decade, they’ve loads of lads playing for Micky mouse clubs. Their front three are a 32yr old that plays for Hoffenheim, a 32yr old that plays for Osasuna and a 26yr old that plays for Wolfsburg. Their centre halves are with Lecce and struggling Ajax. Their midfield is ancient then. They are very much in massive transition.

And in saying all that they’ve been the better side against Spain despite being behind, it doesn’t say much for Spain this is a weak Spain team also.

1 Like

That is class from Ruiz.

Edit- Ruiz rather than Pedri.