Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

A fool and his money as they say.

The GAA have an All Ireland Hurling Semi Final fixed for Lunchtime on a Saturday this year.

England are likely to be playing their last 16 tie on RTE at the same time as an All Ireland Football Quarter Final takes place on GoGo TV.

Itā€™ll finish the split season zealots once and for all thankfully.

5:30pm start, no? Thought itā€™s the quarter-final that starts at 1:15pm?

If England win their group and last 16 tie, their quarter-final, likely to be against Italy or Spain, would be at 5pm on Saturday July 6th, which I think would clash with the inevitable Kilkenny v Clare All-Ireland hurling semi-final?

Sorry Iā€™m mixed up.

Hurling Semi Final fixed for 3pm on the Saturday of the England game.

To avoid clash with England but some fun if hurling goes to Extra Time.

Would I be correct in saying that Clare and Kilkenny went 16 years (2006-2022) without meeting in championship? Itā€™s becoming a common semi-final staple now. A pity Clare and Kilkenny didnā€™t overlap in the summer of 2013 for a cracker.

Iā€™ve a terrible feeling weā€™ll end up with the inevitable Kilkenny v Clare Semi Final on the Sunday this year.

Dublin will win Leinster, Clare will win Munster.

Limerick will nervily edge out Wexford in the Quarters while Kilkenny will find something from somewhere to see off Cork like 2019.

Limerick to steamroll Dublin in one Semi Final and Kilkenny to beat Clare in controversial circumstances .
That will leave us with another Limerick v Kilkenny Final as per tradition in this god damn awful split season era.

I think so. 1997, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2022, 2023 they met and I think thatā€™s it.

Donā€™t know their previous meeting before 1997 but itā€™s a loooong time previous.

1 Like

Where did you see this?

Youā€™re really going against the grain there. I have a terrible feeling that weā€™ll end up with the inevitable Kilkenny v Clare semi-final but just in a different manner. Limerick will beat Clare narrowly in the Munster Final, Kilkenny oust a Dublin team who were trailing 0-9 to 1-2 before the controversial David Burke red card at the weekend. Clare subsequently edge past Wexford in a tense encounter and Cork steamroll Dublin to set-up semi-final pairings of Kilkenny v Clare and Limerick v Cork. Iā€™d say thatā€™s extremely likely to unfold.

There has to be some inane gaa future scheduling thread ye could be talking this shite in lads.

1 Like

https://x.com/fotoole13/status/1773770776623174002?t=ipNd1CFBVBN5JDmnpN4Oew&s=19

If GAA is so unpopular that nobody will watch the most important matches of the year because they are on within a few hours of bukayo saka and the lads beating Bulgaria 2 nil in a round robin match Iā€™m not sure what all the hand wringing is about. Nobody seems to care much about it anyway

A decision which is both sensible in and of itself but more importantly shows the utter daftness of moving the GAAā€™s showpiece fixtures to a time of the year where they need to be messing around with throw in times to avoid clashes with major international events.

The trend for recent World Cup finals has been afternoon kick-offs. I donā€™t know if this pattern will hold given the next World Cup is in the US but if it does it would be some farce to see the 2026 All-Ireland hurling final throwing in at 1pm or possibly be moved to the Saturday to avoid a clash with the World Cup final.

You wouldnā€™t be entirely surprised if they went the Kerry v Galway (2018) or Ballyhale v Ballygunner (2022) route and just plough on regardless.

https://twitter.com/ZachLowy/status/1799060115355840942?t=zi8_w966HmHBFIRLunebqw&s=19

FRIVOLOUS CONTENT.

https://twitter.com/Azzurri_En/status/1797720638699778539?t=pPC4lJW5tGznbay1OVhmHg&s=19

Baggio still got the ICONIC hairstyle

1 Like

Iā€™d have tone with Raul.

Del Piero playing in that shite yesterday in England. For a good cause, but all wrong.