European Cup Rugby

Harsh.

Poite did Munster a huge favour there. Carberry and DeAllende with simple errors so far

They’re fully focused on Top 14. Wouldn’t knock out a wank today.

1 Like

Keet on the spot.

Gone back, they brought loads of regular starters but the latte drinkers got their back doors smashed in.

Leinster having to give Montpellier a walkover is some joke. Sure even if all of Leinster’s internationals were down with Covid they’d still have a strong enough team to field in the Champions Cup. The lack of postponements in rugby is ridiculous. Leinster got a bye against Toulon in the round of 16 last season too. Extremely harsh system. Surely they could postpone them, far more important tournament than the Pro 14 or whatever it’s latest name is.

Billy Burns is fucking horrific at that level. Nothing to him at all. Ulster shouldve pissed that.

The sooner young Doake takes the reigns at 9 the better as well. He has it. The ex Leinster 9 Cooney was exposed a bit tonight, hasn’t the mind for it.

Henderson is a massive loss.

Gilroy should also have long been put out to pasture. A club winger. Balacun another big miss . They’re always less than the sum of their parts are Ulster.

2 Likes

They were double bluffed, thought the French crowd would pull out and they didn’t. Eejits. Puts a bit of jeopardy to the rest of the group at least.

No moving the french league

1 Like

A man who peaked in 2012/13. Remember the hype after himself and Zebo played well against Argentina and then the 6 nations opener against Wales.

2 Likes

They wanted kidney sacked for not picking him that year.

2 Likes

Lacks, physicality, gears, technique, invention, anything really. How he scored so many trys is a mystery to me.

Didn’t Gilroy score a hat-trick against Italy in his last appearance?

I have to go for a few pints this evening and watch the Munster match. I admit I know nothing much about Rugby, but I need to be some bit informed. So my question is:

This Munster match against Castres, is in the URC.

Grand, so why are RTE going on a bout the Heineken Champions Cup?

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2021/1216/1267235-heineken-champions-cup-round-2-all-you-need-to-know/

Castres are from France. It’s the Champions Cup. That United rugby championship thing is our “domestic league” with Welsh, Scottish, South African and Italian teams.

The Champions Cup is our Champions League type tournament.

Wo now. So far we have the:

United Rugby Championship.
Heineken Champions Cup.
Champions Cup.
United Nations Rugby.

So they’re all the same tournament are they?

Heineken Champions Cup includes French and English teams but the Saffers aren’t allowed in. United Nations Rugby was some extra international tournament they invented for 2020 because of Covid.

So, two separate tournament and two separate cups?

Nope Heineken Champions Cup is the Champions Cup and the United Rugby Championship is the league. United Nations rugby is now defunct I think and was international rather than club.

@gilgamboa can you sort this out please?