European Cup Rugby

I think heā€™s had a horrific return on silverware for a side as loaded with talented players in nearly every position. The common denominator is the man picking the team.

All I know is that I wouldnā€™t give a fuck about a Liverpool or Limerick game.

Thereā€™s a good argument at this point. If Prendergast goes to Connacht Iā€™ll be fuming.

2 Likes

Assuredly

That is brilliant :grinning:

Well thatā€™s an amazing stadium even if I never found the pints that filled from the bottom. Staff were all to a person lovely people and very proud to work in such a great environment.
Toulouse destroyed Leinster at the break down. That was my read of it. Leinster erred in not starting JVDF and wtf is the deal with Cian Healy? It was like watching Boxer out of Animal Farm. Not putting him in until 8 minutes of extra time told its own story.

There are some beauties supporting Leinster. Two chartered accountants on the train in were discussing their favourite wine. It was Puligny Montrachet. That was also one of their grandfatherā€™s favourite wine. Thinly veiled I am old money.

33 Likes

ā€œwoyneā€

1 Like

Tough one to take today. A brilliant game but thatā€™s fuck all good to Leinster

I think they got the tactics all wrong keeping VDF and Ryan in reserveā€¦iv also come to the conclusion that Conan is better player than Doris

4 Likes

You should have asked them if theyā€™d ever tried Buckfast.

8 Likes

Nice nod from Leinster to respect the Spursy traditions.

Thanks bud :disappointed:

2 Likes

I was sitting beside a shusher. She took her job very seriously and shushed every time there was a kick at goal. Occasionally she shouted please respect the kicker.

18 Likes

You were at White Hart Lane? Iā€™d say the Seven Sisters Road has never seen such a well heeled crowd.

1 Like

You wouldnā€™t see the likes of Tottenham High Road in the third world.

8 Likes

Youā€™re alright bud.

You know how the internet worksā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d imagine the Leinster supporters were delighted with the stadiumā€™s dedicated cheese room.

It pretty much is the third world.

Earthy

Behind one of the goals at a height is the only way to view a rugby match in person. A few English lads behind us were supporting Leinster with gusto and referring to all the players by their first names. Like a reverse rugby Footix. Toulouse didnā€™t really have a huge amount of territory after the first-half but were full value for their win all the same. A rude awakening for Leinster. They looked ordinary enough. The Cian Healy turnover and Hugo Keenan decision to keep the ball in play from the ET kick-off proving costly. The new White Hart Lane is a fine stadium but the constant urge for punters to acquire pints mid-game is frustrating.

7 Likes

Did you get to see the FA Cup Final whilst in White Hart Lane? I was thinking of your dilemma when I heard Man United had prised a 2-0 lead at Wembley. A great day for a Man United fan from Munster.

1 Like