European Cup Rugby

Very few actual digs thrown tbf

Casey had to get off the ground himself there

Surely a red there?

Feels like Northampton have been inside the 22 for a half hour now

Great defensive effort there

3 Likes

Red card for Castres when they were frustrating the Chiefs

Penalty try follows with another yellow.

Andrew Brace has given a fine hometown display here.

Edinburgh have fucked it up kicking the ball out on the 80 when they needed more points for a home last 16

Signing in lads. Iā€™ve read thornley and williams already this morning and am giddy about sneaking off today for a heap of pints and of course some top quality european rugby. For footix, today is like real madrid v AC Milan in the european cup.

1 Like

Mental that they priced it too high to sellout. A real own-goal.

ā‚¬75 for a European semi final doesnā€™t seem that steep - rugby struggling to compete with the GAA split season Iā€™d say is a bigger problem.

2 Likes

Leinster didnā€™t sell out the rds for the semi final in the Celtic league last year in the rds.

Theyā€™ve utterly destroyed the Heineken cup with the format.

This should be a very good game tbf.

Hard to believe itā€™s 20 years ago since the Toulouse v Munster and Leinster v Perpignan semi-finals. Back when the Heineken Cup was coming into its absolute pomp. People were preparing for a Munster v Leinster final in Lansdowne.

1 Like

Was at the Biarritz game in the quarter final. Only 12 at the time. Much different crowd at the games nowadays.

I paid ā‚¬35 for a final ticket. Canā€™t get my head around the thinking on the prices.

Munster v Wasps in 2004 was real Celtic Tiger extravagance

4 Likes

I attended Leinster v Biarritz and Leinster v Perpignan. Up the back of the Lansdowne Road end in my favourite spot in the top corner.

Iā€™d say tickets werenā€™t much more than a tenner.

A day of days. These days do not exist any more.

5 Likes

I was flown up (and back) to the Leinster v Munster 2006 game by a customer. Wined and dined. Now that was peak Celtic Tiger

2 Likes

Iā€™ll never forget the crowd that day. Thereā€™s a great passage in dallagios book about it.