European Cup Rugby

Guilty.

Lads were trying to tell me Munster were the fourth best province a month ago.

They are clearly the second best and will only go further ahead of Ulster.

Ulster absolutely disgraced themselves last week v Leinster. That type of defeat can end a season.

1 Like

Ulster are steeped thereā€™s 16 teams going through. I think theyā€™re still in deep trouble though when you consider that they have the defending champions La Rochelle next week. Be hard to see them win more than one pool game.

Youā€™d be as well off with a traffic cone at ten than Billy burns.

As long as heā€™s there they arenā€™t going anywhere too quickly. Theyā€™ll always turn a few teams over in ravenhill but they arenā€™t all that.

Sale have definitely improved but thatā€™s a woeful result after last weeks collapse.

1 Like

Faf is well gone AFAIK

1 Like

Heā€™s in Japan now

1 Like

Gloucester are holding up well here to be fair to them.

1 Like

Gloucester never ended up doing much after their promising team were turned over in Thomond in January 2003. I had forgotten about London Wasps going under until that commentator Hugh Cahill mentioned it tonight. A far cry from their great team of the mid 00ā€™s.

1 Like

This is embarrassing

Whatā€™s the story with the format? Do Gloucester go through anyway

Yeah Iā€™d say if they beat Bordeaux away from home theyā€™ll progress comfortably. 16 of the 24 teams advance to the Round of 16. A joke. The old system used to be far more interesting.

2 Likes

Like the Wexford SHC with 4 going through from a 6 team group.

1 Like

By my reckoning Leinster should progress safely after tonight but theres still 20mins left so lets not count our 12 county army chickens just yet.

1 Like

Same in the football too sure. Thereā€™s such an even spread across the senior championships in both codes that it works out nearly perfectly at the minute. St Martins winning 4/4 and then losing the final group game about 3 years in a row was a rare chink in the armour alright.

That 6 groups of 4 format was unreal with only two second place teams qualifying.

6 Likes

They only changed it because of Covid. Canā€™t understand why that canā€™t just revert back to it. Nonsensical decision. Like The FIFA World Cup expanding to 48 teams or the change from U18 and U21 to U17 and U20 in GAA. Change just for the sake of it.

4 Likes

2 groups of 12 is it? How many group games do they play? And how do they decide who plays who?

Itā€™s just a shambles of a format.

Ya I wish everything just went back to the old way.

The only good chance is the champions league final on a Saturday

2 Likes

The old format was perfect, always kept it tight. This format allows teams nlt to give a shit and fans to disengage completely. An absolute cod

1 Like