European Cup Rugby

A game and a quarter. Yes - that skews it a bit. That being said, top player on the pitch for players beaten and second for metres made - on a losing team - is pretty good in my book. Probably speaks to a game where both defences were largely on top.

You have to be joking? Leinster 2008 had a plethora of world class players like BOD, Darcy and Contepomi. They were all in the 26-30 bracket in 2008. Shaggy Horgan the same. Leinster 2008 are a few levels above Munster now. It was negligence that they bowed out in the pool that season and Cheika nearly lost his job over it.

Leinster falling into the trap of trying to keep Pat Byrne happy by keeping his two sons in the picture. Like parochial GAA. Theyā€™re vindicated to some extent on Carbery as he hasnā€™t fulfilled his potential in Munster but Sam Prendergast needs to be ahead of Harry Byrne in the pecking order. Although again, maybe the game time at Connacht could aid his development significantly.

They had o Driscoll and Darcy. Munster have beirne and Crowley.

Very little differce between the two squads. Obviously the Munster younger players have their careers ahead of them and may not be as good as hoped but Leinster got armed with several top class foreign players to get over the line in 09.

Leo Cullen hasnā€™t given Prendergast any chance at all. He seems to favour the two byrnes over Frawley and Sam Prendergast.

As Iā€™ve said countless times hanging about ul or ucd with no game time is pointless.

Sexton gone and suddenly everyone realises neither of the byrnes are good enough .

In Saturday preview he mentioned JGP ā€œa la petit generalā€ Seriously

7 Likes

Heā€™s trolling us mate.

https://twitter.com/ruaidhrioc/status/1795798140886413721?s=46

3 Likes

Ah here. Oā€™ Driscoll is the greatest Irish rugby player of all-time. Thereā€™s no comparison there. Beirne could be compared to Malcom Oā€™ Kelly or Leo Cullen maybe. Crowley is no better than Sexton was at the same age.

If the current prospects at Munster are as good as the Rob Kearney, Jamie Heaslip, Luke Fitzgerald, Johnny Sexton, Cian Healy, Sean Oā€™ Brien and Devin Toner era then Iā€™ll be very happy as an Irish fan. But I sincerely doubt it.

Stop the lights.

The Leinster 09 team had 4 in the Irish 22 for the grand slam game.

Tagdh beirne is on another planet to Malcom o Kelly or Leo Cullen.

Aldegheri for Porter is about the only one you could argue there.

Devin Toner :rofl:

https://twitter.com/jonny_mccormick/status/1795808169387577713?s=46

It was actually 5 but staggering nonetheless. Albeit Bernard Jackman, Girvan Dempsey and Shane Horgan had all been starters for Ireland in 2008 too. The current Munster team arenā€™t comparable though. Leinster 2008 would beat them by 10-15 points. That backline of Nacewa, Horgan, BOD, Dā€™Arcy, Fitzgerald and Contempomi was so stacked that you had Girvan Dempsey, Rob Kearney and Johnny Sexton to spring off the bench.

Girv made some career out of catching and kicking

1 Like

As I said Leinster got stacked with top class internationals particularly in the pack to get them over the line.

Current Munster team is the exact same. No front row but the rest of the squad more than decent.

Hard to believe CiarƔn Frawley made his debut in February 2018.

Hasnā€™t played 80 games in the 6 years since.

Dunno how anybody system think this is good for anybody.

Oā€™Driscoll was full of praise for him and cant understand why he hasnā€™t been played more at 10. I think the two Byrnes cant play anywhere else and Frawley can so he gets pushed under cullen.

He looks a twelve to me but heā€™s at nothing not playing.

Porter at tight head controversial

1 Like