❗ Official TFK Improvements Thread

Ignore function back would improve things, most agree on that. Light touch moderating is great, but a lot of shit which you made a point of saying wouldn’t be tolerated an6 more still slips through.

Throw up some metrics there? On this, how about a post limit to stop certain people/that weird Laois cunt from endlessly spamming the place or driving certain threads into the ground?

Checked to here.

2 Likes

+1

Ah fuck off with yourself

Disappointing to learn you’re on better terms with Harbo in the real world.

2 Likes

@myboyblue posts a lot but he posts on a large number of different threads and I wouldnt have him in the top 20 spamming fucks on here.

1 Like

Quite a lot of posters are well ahead on bets due to the site. I challenge them to give a little back.

@Julio_Geordio had a great description above.
A whatsapp group :information_source:

1 Like

I would like to call tinkerbell a fanny cunt, but I wish to respect @rocko’s wishes to keep this thread on track, so I wont call him a fanny cunt.

The fanny cunt.

6 Likes

We’re missing the Distrubing videos though :joy::joy::joy:

You haven’t been the members only videos area, subsection, readers wives.

Don’t mind @Rocko he only started the thread for some easy likes before he runs that like circle graph thingy again

1 Like

I’m expecting to get an avalanche of likes for my fanny cunt jibe.

There’s 1 to get you started anyway

1 Like

Some of us make up for it with disturbing text.

I dont mind glas either really. Gets a hard time of it

2 Likes

the internet has gotten very PC tho since the likes of @glasagusban @iron_mike @caulifloweredneanderthal @backinatracksuit and @Horsebox started posting

it used to be good many stuff before where you’d need eyes on the back of your head posting here and anything went really, you knew by signing up here what it entailed
you were better off just PMing @Mac your home address before it was discovered by someone else
a few fellas never recovered, what happened to @KIBman that time?

A well-aimed funny rating on an earnest but simple post could be itself the funniest thing in a thread sometimes. Same with the friendly rating actually.

The ignore function surely couldn’t be overly difficult to do but maybe I’m underestimating the change under the hood. It’d make a difference alright. You could wander into the US thread and the latest post would be a midterm report on Obama’s second term.

3 Likes

A mixture of the competition and donation to charity idea would be great. Ie. the winner of the competition gets to choose what charity the money goes to. It could be as simple as the nominator of the COTY winner gets to pick the charity

1 Like

I wouldn’t change a whole lot, on balance it’s a very good site and easily the best Irish one.
A few more bannings would liven the place up when it gets a bit stale, we haven’t had one in a while. Speaking from personal experience a sabbatical can do the world of good, but some may need a little help confirming that for themselves.
Resist all attempts to “improve” the site by adopting any boards culture. An ignore function is so childish, ffs if you don’t like a certain poster or exchange between posters, don’t read it, do something else with your valuable time.
Maybe a monthly dunce’s corner competition, the winner gets banned for a week.

4 Likes