The Gender neutral thread of Faces You'd Love to Smack

Shitty auld records.

This is all true.

I want to go on the record here and declare that @flattythehurdler is an excellent judge of character.

2 Likes

You pick them, put them in a bottle with sugar and water and Bury them to make sloe wine. This is what we did as kids. Bury them for the summer. Theoretically you dig them up after a year and you’re ready to go but I truthfully never found a fucking bottle again upon digging, so I wouldn’t know.

2 Likes

They are the fruit of the blackthorn bush. A variety of wild plum that is incredibly sour and dry. The fruit is a blue black colour. You mix them with gin to make sloe gin, which is a very nice drink.

6 Likes

I always kind of enjoyed the taste of sloes, I’d say a sloe gin is delicious.

Savage.

How long do you leave them in? Is it a sloe process?

The longer the better. Months minimum. Years if you have the patience

A pal of mine makes blackberry whiskey. He aims for 6 months of infusion, then pours the whiskey off into a clean bottle to age for another 6 months to a year. It’s savage. And the leftover blackberries are lovely in chocolate puddings, etc.

1 Like

That story is funnier than anything Bishop has used in his shows. The mental image of his floppy head and big teeth looking at you over the garden wall as you tried to chase burglars in your pyjamas and flip flops is unfortunately stuck in my mind now for the day. (I am thinking nice red brick walls and a manicured garden)

1 Like

Tis fucking far from that you were reared fagan

Read the story again. Bishop wasn’t the neighbour.

I can understand why it appeals to your taste.

4 Likes

True for you. Ive come a long way.

1 Like

:bow_and_arrow: zing!

2 Likes

Could you throw up the full recipe?

1 Like

I prefer the version with Bishop as the neighbour.

You’d rape him? :eek: