Fantasy football

I remember doing it from my workplace at the time and put up a big phone bill. There was a big interrogation and I had to fess up to the boss. He was an utter cunt and didn’t take it well.

:clap::clap:

How do you think we’re fixed for Wednesday night, bhoys?

Plenty of encouraging signs today:

• This was the type of performance we’ve been told Deila’s teams produced in Norway. A really high tempo all through and we attacked relentlessly with incisive passing, sharp movement and plenty of fluidity. We pressed them high up the pitch and completely bullied them;
  • Taig Gordon was rock solid, made a splendid save and it was encouraging to see him commit fully to that early 50/50;
    -Denayer looks a super prospect - he made some really crisp, hard, well timed tackles, looked pretty fast and was very comfortable on the ball. Not the biggest guy and was beaten aerially once or twice and had a couple of concentration lapses but a great debut overall;
  • Much better from Van Dijk beside him too. Was strong and decisive for the most part and averted danger early on when Mackay-Steven rounded Gordon. That alertness and effort to get back had been missing in the earlier games.
  • Johansen’s best game for Celtic in every facet. Still has a tendency to completely misplace a basic pass but you couldn’t quibble with such an all action display capped with a goal;
  • The interplay between the attacking players was the best we’ve seen from Celtic in a long time. We mixed some very good passing movements and unselfish play with plenty of shots from outside the box too;
  • We were outstanding from attacking set pieces and Stokes’ inswinging deliveries from the left were exceptional. My unscientific rule of thumb - conceding regularly from set pieces = a team lacking focus with players not taking responsibility; scoring regularly from set pieces = a well-drilled unit with committed players excelling in defined roles;
  • McGregor looks like he can pick out a pass too, and doesn’t just have a shot on him. Good for Berget to grab a brace. I don’t know what to make of him. He seemed in parts tidy and sharp and ungainly and ragged at other times. He hasn’t played much football this calendar year so he’s hopefully getting into his groove.

All in all, that 3-0 second leg victory against Legia seems to have turned our season around and kickstarted the Deila era.

A couple of concerns remain. We still looked open at the back at times and weren’t entirely compact on more than a few occasions. You’d have to think a better team playing at home, e.g. Maribor, would be capable of taking advantage. I’m not sure Mulgrew and Johansen offer enough protection for the back four.

I’d like us to sign a really good striker before the deadline for this game.

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 1001347, member: 9”]How do you think we’re fixed for Wednesday night, bhoys?

Plenty of encouraging signs today:

• This was the type of performance we’ve been told Deila’s teams produced in Norway. A really high tempo all through and we attacked relentlessly with incisive passing, sharp movement and plenty of fluidity. We pressed them high up the pitch and completely bullied them;
  • Taig Gordon was rock solid, made a splendid save and it was encouraging to see him commit fully to that early 50/50;
    -Denayer looks a super prospect - he made some really crisp, hard, well timed tackles, looked pretty fast and was very comfortable on the ball. Not the biggest guy and was beaten aerially once or twice and had a couple of concentration lapses but a great debut overall;
  • Much better from Van Dijk beside him too. Was strong and decisive for the most part and averted danger early on when Mackay-Steven rounded Gordon. That alertness and effort to get back had been missing in the earlier games.
  • Johansen’s best game for Celtic in every facet. Still has a tendency to completely misplace a basic pass but you couldn’t quibble with such an all action display capped with a goal;
  • The interplay between the attacking players was the best we’ve seen from Celtic in a long time. We mixed some very good passing movements and unselfish play with plenty of shots from outside the box too;
  • We were outstanding from attacking set pieces and Stokes’ inswinging deliveries from the left were exceptional. My unscientific rule of thumb - conceding regularly from set pieces = a team lacking focus with players not taking responsibility; scoring regularly from set pieces = a well-drilled unit with committed players excelling in defined roles;
  • McGregor looks like he can pick out a pass too, and doesn’t just have a shot on him. Good for Berget to grab a brace. I don’t know what to make of him. He seemed in parts tidy and sharp and ungainly and ragged at other times. He hasn’t played much football this calendar year so he’s hopefully getting into his groove.

All in all, that 3-0 second leg victory against Legia seems to have turned our season around and kickstarted the Deila era.

A couple of concerns remain. We still looked open at the back at times and weren’t entirely compact on more than a few occasions. You’d have to think a better team playing at home, e.g. Maribor, would be capable of taking advantage. I’m not sure Mulgrew and Johansen offer enough protection for the back four.

I’d like us to sign a really good striker before the deadline for this game.[/QUOTE]
WTF?

Deary me. I meant to post this in a different thread.

Delete all these posts and we’ll never mention it again.