FAO Accountants

I’d say you’re north tipp all the way.

I’m Italian.

5 Likes

You are 100% buddy.clonmel is a different sort though

This never happened

Throw a picture of her qualification cert up there please. Actually no need, @Bandage has clarified the situation.

1 Like

Superb internetting.

She could be qualified and doing tax exams so please don’t jump to conclusions chaps.

Also Ireland’s premier accountancy body, CAI, hold a graduation night every year.

@Brimmer_Bradley may be slightly confused though.

1 Like

Quick Questions that some of the top top accountants on here might know

Is there a set amount of hours, a threshold if you will, to distinguish between what is part time work and what is regarded as full time employment in Ireland?

Is the rate of prsi to be paid by an employer for an employee 8.5% for part time work?

Cunts. Each and every fucking one of you wankers.
Since last April in my role as union secretary I’ve been involved in a work hours reorganisation type setup.I’m dealing with a shower of work shy, bitter, neighbour watching, sad cunts that despise change, any mention of change and there’s widespread hysteria.
Anyway after hours and hours of work and negotiating between my members & HR and local management where actual minutes per day were counted and a bit of give and take on both sides we finally reached agreement, which was previously declared impossible by anyone … I was set up for life within IR circles, the bronze statue had been commissioned, I waited by the phone for a congratulatory call from David Begg, Larry Broderick or even maybe Jack himself.
A long summer of content awaited me, I was planning how to utilise my now free union days…
Until some little wanker of an accountant who doesn’t understand how actual people behave in the workplace questioned 3 hours per week which all parties agreed would be set aside as ‘contingency hours’.
Finance baulked and vetoed the deal.
I’m fucking seething. Back to the drawing board now and back to unrest at the frontline. Back to calling managements bluff with 7:30am Monday morning meetings to annoy them. The people l need on the committee are all heading away on term time/ parental leave/ annual leave. This shit won’t be sorted by Christmas.
All over 3 hours which will the department will have to pay anyway.

youd be getting short shrift for trying to call those sort of meetings outside core hours.

They’ve been told by senior management to accommodate me to speed the process up, if they annoy me I’ll call meetings Monday morning before work or Friday at 5:15pm. You’d be surprised what you get away with when you saunter into someone’s office with a mug of coffee in one hand and a packet of digestives in the other and sit yourself down the Friday of a bank holiday @ 17:15.

you’d get a FRO here from both middle mgmt. and senior mgmt if you tried to pull that shit. I’m sure itd be the same in @glasagusban 's place

Ah I’ve only done the 7:30am once. Most times they or I will refuse to agree on something. I’ll say no probs I need to discuss this with my members … I’ll let you know Friday evening what they say … cue a more conciliatory tone after that.

Sure you’d get away with anything because there would be no one there to see you.

5 Likes

I’m delighted our man didn’t let the side down.

1 Like

Walter Mitty stuff.

1 Like

Integrity at the core of our profession.

Dry your eyes mate.

I’m ready to sign off on an agreement for this thing next Monday afternoon !! :ronnyroar:

The accountant that stalled it is … away for July & August on term time. The cunt. If he was that worried he’d have stayed at work. Either way, I’m gonna sign off on Monday, everyone happy and easy street for me for a few years.

https://twitter.com/smaishling/status/1059373437360185346