FAO google and legal experts

Comreg is a joke. Do a data protection request and write to Conor pope would prob be your best course of action. Even if you don’t write to pope do the data protection request as you need to see where they’ve sent your info because the telcos have a loose credit bureau of their own which can also pass info to other entities.

2 Likes

Data Protection request is thw way to go, it will waste more time for them than anything else…

@mikehunt solrs letter would cost you about 100e plus VAT and you would still be in the same place unfortunately, at least with Data request you can see what the cunts are up to.

2 Likes

Lad in work was over at a stag in Liverpool a couple of months back, got lifted for pissing in public, spent a night in the slammer, copped a €300 fine and is banned from travelling to America for something like 3 years.

You just made an admission of guilt by settling

not if he settled on a without prejudice basis

As if ffs

2 Likes

You should have come on here and we could have had fun wasting debt collectors time. Do a data subject access request from debt collector and Vodafone

Send a letter requesting all personal data they hold process on you, information on source and receipients of your data, any international transfers and head it Subject Access Request. They may ask you to provide ID but if they do then fire off a certified copy of a drivers licence and recent utility bill.

1 Like

@artfoley

I see Paul Anthony McDermott has passed away. Was he unwell?

He took very ill in the last few months with stomach cancer, quite sudden. He leaves behind a few young kids, so it’s desperately sad coming up to Christmas. The phrase “a gent and a scholar” is overused, but it fitted him perfectly - he was a genuinely nice person and a great mind.

10 Likes

shcoked when i read it this morning, 47 years of age, brutal

Always came across as one of the good ones. RIP.

Poor guy. A nasty end.
RIP.

Yep, he was always very good when he was on TV/radio. Explained things in a thorough way without needing to resort to jargon or intellectual self indulgence.

3 Likes

A tricky situation has developed in my old neighborhood over the past week.

A satisfactory resolution requires the estate of a deceased to complete the sale.of an old house on one acre. It has been offered for sale through an auctioneer. A willing buyer has emerged and paid a deposit, appearing to have the funds in place to complete. A nice lump of money will have to be spent subsequently to bring it up to standard so the price is not that high.

The death occurred a little over a year back. There is a valid and uncontested will in place, however the sole beneficiary has been slow to engage with the solicitor and complete probate.

Question… Can the estate complete the sale before probate? What are the do’s and don’ts to watch for?

This is not in my family. It is a neighbour.

Are you happy to go ahead?

Who is executor under will. They should apply for probate.

How was house owned - by the deceased sole name?

Deceased had sole.possession, unmarried and had no descendants or dependents.

Am trying to confirm the executor. Would think it unlikely to be the beneficiary but can’t say for sure

You misread this.

Executor takes out the probate.

In theory can buy without probate but you have no way to verify with 100 per cent certainty the person signing to sell has the legal authority to sell.

Title insurance could be an option - one to ask solicitor about.

1 Like

I am not the buyer or seller.
It is very important for a neighborhood that this completes quickly