FAO google and legal experts

[quote=“artfoley, post: 793073, member: 179”]The lack of consideration would not limit your liability if tinnions mate followed your advices and ended up in the slammer or worse
[/quote]

As I’ve said before, it’s highly unlikely that he will end up in the slammer for following my advice.

It’s more likely that tinnion’s mate will end up in a mental institution for taking legal advice from an anonymous poster on an sports orientated internet forum

I had to add in the word “Order” which is a shame.

To wish you well and to learn Mac.

[quote=“artfoley, post: 793073, member: 179”]The lack of consideration would not limit your liability if blah blah blah blah

Well perhaps you could offer an opinion referring to the 04 act, the 97 act, case law and apply it as well as case law and apply the law to the set of blah blah blah blah
[/quote]
Would you feck off with this shite-ology and speak normally, no one find this impressive. You’re probably on your third attempt at the FE1s if this is the kind of shite you go on with.

FE1’s my hole, he’s not that far advanced

Youre a year behind Mac.

Ive never failed an fe1 glasagusban

[quote=“artfoley, post: 793193, member: 179”]Youre a year behind Mac.

Ive never failed an fe1 glasagusban[/quote]

Behind what?

[quote=“artfoley, post: 793193, member: 179”]Youre a year behind Mac.

Ive never failed an fe1 glasagusban[/quote]
Never attempted one either i’d say.

The times man

Who’s he? The lad selling papers at the traffic lights?

Jesus wept thats a piss poor vanter attempt

anyone know what happens when a residental tenancy agreement has ran its course and both parties just continued on with the agreement, without ever signing a new one,…what is the legal situation there? does any binding agreement still exist?..

I doubt it. No reason why it should.

Yes agreement can roll on. De facto it has.

I suppose question is what are termination provisions. Tenant may have section 4 rights so can stay 4 years unless provisions s34 rta 2004 apply

That is the kind of answer poor Brian Lenihan got from the banks & see what happened. :eek:

thanks lads…

Implied tenancy.

It’s as if the agreement is still in place, If they wish to terminate the tenancy they would have to adhere to the terms of the original agreement re notice etc. The same applies if you want to terminate the tenancy.

@Bisto, there’s usually a clause in most agreements saying it will automatically roll over unless otherwise specified.

yes- think its called part 4 tenancy

[SIZE=4]Part 4 tenancies[/SIZE]
Under Part 4 of the Residential Tenancies Act 2004, if you have been renting for at least 6 months and haven’t been given a written notice of termination, you automatically acquire security of tenure in 4-year cycles. Any tenancy, therefore, that has lasted more than 6 months is a ‘Part 4 tenancy’ or a ‘further Part 4 tenancy’. After 4 years of your tenancy has passed, a new tenancy starts. The same 4-year cycle can begin again, leading to a further Part 4 tenancy.

When you have acquired a Part 4 tenancy your landlord can terminate your tenancy only in certain circumstances. Read more about if your landlord wants you to leave here. If you want to leave during your Part 4 tenancy and you do not have a fixed-term agreement, you do not have to give a reason but you must give the correct period of notice in writing as required under the Act. (See ‘Rules’ below).

[B]Claiming a Part 4 tenancy at the end of a lease If you have a fixed-term contract or lease (for example of 1 year) and you wish to remain in the property under the rights acquired under Part 4, you must notify your landlord of your intention to stay in the property between 3 months and 1 month before the expiry of your fixed–term tenancy or lease agreement. You can use this sample letter of notification to remain in the property under Part 4.

If you do not notify your landlord you cannot be refused coverage under Part 4 but you may have to compensate the landlord for any financial loss she/he has incurred because you did not notify him/her of your intention to remain in the tenancy.

Claiming a Part 4 tenancy during a periodic tenancy
If you are in a periodic tenancy (renting without a lease or a contract) you also have automatic security of tenure under Part 4 of the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 but you don’t have to notify your landlord of your intention to remain in the property for up to 4 years.
[/B]

Depending how long the tenant has been in at this stage the notice requirement will likely have extended before either party can cancel the agreement.