FAO google and legal experts

William Martin Murphyesque post from Juhy

I believe you are the absentee landlord, Raven, not too long ago you were trying to exploit your vast property interests.

my tenants have the 3Fs

Fingal’s fucking finest! Huzzah!

If someone is currently a director of a company and there is a judgement taken against them, do they have to resign their position as director? and secondly how long before they can become a director again?

Thanks in Advance.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 901720, member: 686”]If someone is currently a director of a company and there is a judgement taken against them, do they have to resign their position as director? and secondly how long before they can become a director again?

Thanks in Advance.[/quote]
Depends on the Articles of Association - probably a provision in there that says directorship vacated if they become bankrupt or make general arrangement with creditors

If the judgment is in relation to a debt and they are not made bankrupt no obligation to resign unless something specific in articles or shareholders agreement. Shareholders with more than 50% of shares can pass resolution to remove a director (again an agreement might override that).

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 901740, member: 2272”]Depends on the Articles of Association - probably a provision in there that says directorship vacated if they become bankrupt or make general arrangement with creditors

If the judgment is in relation to a debt and they are not made bankrupt no obligation to resign unless something specific in articles or shareholders agreement. Shareholders with more than 50% of shares can pass resolution to remove a director (again an agreement might override that).[/quote]

Righty O. Thanks pal.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 901740, member: 2272”]Depends on the Articles of Association - probably a provision in there that says directorship vacated if they become bankrupt or make general arrangement with creditors

If the judgment is in relation to a debt and they are not made bankrupt no obligation to resign unless something specific in articles or shareholders agreement. Shareholders with more than 50% of shares can pass resolution to remove a director (again an agreement might override that).[/quote]
:eek:

New legal expert on the board!?

New legal expert on the board!?[/quote]
New? Wouldnt that sugges there was an old one?

Is anyone on here an expert in Trademark Law? Or knows someone who’s well versed on the topic?

www.aptma.ie

What do you need to know?

I used to work in the filing shed of a Patent and Trademark Firm. I know it all.

If either of you actually know anything, drop me a PM :stuck_out_tongue:

Any chance of a few bullet points for dummies on the special criminal court?

It was re-introduced in the early 1970’s to deal with subversive organisations. Main distinguishing feature - its a criminal court without a jury. Instead of a jury there are three presiding judges who decide on the guilt or innocence of the accused. Special Criminal courts have been used over the last 20 years or so in a lot of organised crime prosecutions where it was felt that jurors could be intimidated.

1 Like

@Mac did you do this? Let me know what I have to do please. @PoisonousMisanthrope Any chance you can send me the pm you sent mac about it?

Ta,

Juhniallio

How long ago was this!!!

I doubt I sent any PM. Man, those were some good days back in that shed, though.

What do /i have to do to register a trademark?

Employ a firm to run a search firstly to see is there anything similar already trademarked / patented.
I presume then call the patent office on Hebron Road, Kilkenny and get the details. The firm will be able to talk you through it. I presume it’s an expensive enough process as they were all fucking loaded in that office.